Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Could you plastidip your whole interior?

View Poll Results: painting interior
duplicolor vinyl & fabric paint 11 16.67%
VHT SP942 Vinyl Dye Black Satin Can 0 0%
Plastidip 9 13.64%
Dont even bother 46 69.70%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #41
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRags27 View Post
He wants to do the interior i think like cupholders/moldings/dash maybe/door panels i guess but no carpet or seat fabric
oh okay
i did my cupholder, ac panel, window panels and rear window panels as well with PAINT and so far everything has held up great, except the cup holder i had to respray since it chipped a little. i assumed this thread was about the whole dash, all the door panels, trim, etc but i dont understand whats so bad about experimenting with plasti dip if your unsure of the outcome. i would plasti dip something and if i like it, peel it and paint it, if not then peel it and leave it right?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #42
Because I can
JoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
JoeRags27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
oh okay
i did my cupholder, ac panel, window panels and rear window panels as well with PAINT and so far everything has held up great, except the cup holder i had to respray since it chipped a little. i assumed this thread was about the whole dash, all the door panels, trim, etc but i dont understand whats so bad about experimenting with plasti dip if your unsure of the outcome. i would plasti dip something and if i like it, peel it and paint it, if not then peel it and leave it right?
Thats exactly what I was getting at, I did my outer grill surround, loved it then color matched it, Im going to do my center console then if its cool black, paint it...I guess people hate on plasti dip lol but its such a cool way to see if you like something in one color and its always temporary, might not always be that easy to remove it but it still comes off way easier than anything else that is not permanent
Old 07-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #43
Because I can
JoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
JoeRags27's Tacoma Gallery
side note:Who ever cares about the Edit option that much to send me a message go find a life you jackwagon
Old 07-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #44
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Wow.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #46
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seminolepride991 View Post
^nice contribution
Sorry about that. I'm just amazed how he let someone upset him enough to call names.

I did post something somewhat worthy on the 3rd post.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #47
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
I think im just going to start posting random inappropriate words in the next thread that asks about plasti-derp.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #48
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have so much hair anymore... maybe I will plasti-derp my dome
Old 07-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #49
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I love plasti dip.

On the interior I've done the A/C surround as well as the gear shifter surround and front cupholder. The cupholder is holding up decently, there are a few spots where it's rubbed off from heavy use.

Just did my grill and I think it looks awesome. If I'm not sick of it in a month I'll actually paint the grill.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #50
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
My plasti-dip is painted wif plasti-dip yo!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #52
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Does the Plasti-dipped plasti-dip give you VTECH?!

na it gives me

Old 07-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #53
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
High traffic area but you get the picture. Could you plastidip your whole interior?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1311887351.629438.jpg
Old 07-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #54
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Plasti Dip FTW!!!

Don't listen to the clowns that hate on it! I've had it on my grill and bumper for over 6 months, pressure washer, rain, bugs, 0 degrees to 105 degrees, etc. and no problems yet!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #55
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
As long as you don't touch what you plastidipped a whole bunch of times you should be good.
This is true. I plastidipped my cock. That stuff didn't last a day.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #56
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
This is true. I plastidipped my cock. That stuff didn't last a day.
Run out of condoms or were you hoping to make it look bigger
Old 07-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #57
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Well yeah, since it was black, it did look bigger.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #58
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post

I believe he was hoping to paint it black for his imagination so he could help boost his self esteem.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #59
Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedlinAround View Post
I believe he was hoping to paint it black for his imagination so he could help boost his self esteem.
Actually, the ladies love the texture.
It looking bigger is what's called: "A value added benefit"
Old 07-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #60
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedlinAround View Post
Plasti Dip FTW!!!

Don't listen to the clowns that hate on it! I've had it on my grill and bumper for over 6 months, pressure washer, rain, bugs, 0 degrees to 105 degrees, etc. and no problems yet!
I myself wasn't trying to hate on it. I was just showing the how well it holds up in areas with higher traffic than others. I've also done rear bumper and grill and agree it has it's uses.