Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Could you plastidip your whole interior?

View Poll Results: painting interior
duplicolor vinyl & fabric paint 11 16.67%
VHT SP942 Vinyl Dye Black Satin Can 0 0%
Plastidip 9 13.64%
Dont even bother 46 69.70%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
jesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud of

jesusc's Tacoma Gallery
Could you plastidip your whole interior?

How would plastidiping ur interior hold up of course not seats, carpet, etc.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Use real paint.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
As long as you don't touch what you plastidipped a whole bunch of times you should be good.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
Rashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rashnu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Use real paint.
Why?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashnu View Post
Why?

that
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
As long as you don't touch what you plastidipped a whole bunch of times you should be good.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Why?
Because the next thread this guy makes will be:

Why does my plasti-dip keep rubbing off?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #9
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Use real paint.
I believe it's called rail paint sir.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why?
because plasti-dip is not designed to be used as PAINT

it is a rubber type coating designed for use as grips on tool handles and the like

It doesn't adhere like paint and it's not going to hold up like paint
Old 07-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
I believe it's called rail paint sir.
That works even better. It holds up to trains.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #12
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe we should use rail paint on our frames....
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #13
Rashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rashnu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
because plasti-dip is not designed to be used as PAINT

it is a rubber type coating designed for use as grips on tool handles and the like

It doesn't adhere like paint and it's not going to hold up like paint
I know, trying to give whippersnapper a hard time....
Old 07-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #14
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusc View Post
How would plastidiping ur interior hold up of course not seats, carpet, etc.

awwwww man .... I cant say I'm the only Jesus anymore but at least I'm the "Jesus"
....lol. ..
Old 07-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #15
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
^ What they said. Plasti Dip will peel very fast in the interior with all the touching you will do to it.

I used this: Duplicolor Vinyl Flat Black

I love how it looks.

Also, clean very well your interior parts. I disassembled my whole interior and washed heavily all the parts. Then lightly sand them with very fine sanding paper. Then, even though the paint says it has a lot of adhesion promoter, apply adhesion promoter to all the parts and be generous with it.

After it has dried well, apply the paint. Any other flat black paint might work, but my experience with duplicolor was good. I personally applied about 8 light coats.

This car is my daily driver I am pretty careless with my boots while I am driving. Even though I keep "scratching" the panels below, the paint has held up great and no scratches show.

Hope this helps.

Complete black interior FTMFW!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #16
bolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to all

bolson's Tacoma Gallery
I opened this thread and expected to see a large trolling face.....
Old 07-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #17
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Liquid I View Post
^ What they said. Plasti Dip will peel very fast in the interior with all the touching you will do to it.

I love how it looks.

Also, clean very well your interior parts. I disassembled my whole interior and washed heavily all the parts. Then lightly sand them with very fine sanding paper. Then, even though the paint says it has a lot of adhesion promoter, apply adhesion promoter to all the parts and be generous with it.

After it has dried well, apply the paint. Any other flat black paint might work, but my experience with duplicolor was good. I personally applied about 8 light coats.

This car is my daily driver I am pretty careless with my boots while I am driving. Even though I keep "scratching" the panels below, the paint has held up great and no scratches show.

Hope this helps.

I bet that looks sick....but my truck is already hot as hell in the sun...

I couldnt even begin to imagine...the damn steering wheel burns my hand as is.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #18
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolson View Post
I opened this thread and expected to see a large trolling face.....
Here ya go

Old 07-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #19
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Liquid I View Post

I love how it looks.

Hope this helps.

hate to say it but if no pic then it must be a lie.....lol.... show and tell
Old 07-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #20
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seminolepride991 View Post
I bet that looks sick....but my truck is already hot as hell in the sun...

I couldnt even begin to imagine...the damn steering wheel burns my hand as is.
Hmmm. Well, perhaps mine is not as bad because I have 30% tint all around. Maybe it keeps it cool enough. Apart from that, I don't know. Temperatures here are like 90 to 105 when its not raining.

As for the steering wheel, its already black. The paint matched the OEM black trim perfectly. I do plan on getting a leather stitched grip for the wheel though. Right now it has one of those $10 crap perforated PVC covers. Looks nice though. Hahahaha!