Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Thinking of getting a 2012 Tacoma??

Old 07-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #41
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone want to speculate if the new mirrors with turn signal lights will match up with my '11 ?

Also, I'm kind of glad I bought mine when I did. I like the sunglasses holder.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #42
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Why is it crap?
cause he bought a 2010 model and has put some money in it. whippers one of the most active naysayers on there being any changes to the 2012 tacoma. Id be pretty pissed if I bought a new truck only to have it replaced with better features a short time later.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #43
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIRS View Post
cause he bought a 2010 model and has put some money in it. whippers one of the most active naysayers on there being any changes to the 2012 tacoma. Id be pretty pissed if I bought a new truck only to have it replaced with better features a short time later.
No I really don't care about the super cool upcoming 3rd gen that is supposed to cure cancer or so it seems. My truck is perfectly fine for me and I will probably never buy another Tacoma. I just think people are retarded with all the 3rd gen info. Why not wait to see what it has when it is for sale at the dealer?
Old 07-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #44
CheapGrandJerokee is on a distinguished road

CheapGrandJerokee's Tacoma Gallery
Hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
No I really don't care about the super cool upcoming 3rd gen that is supposed to cure cancer or so it seems. My truck is perfectly fine for me and I will probably never buy another Tacoma. I just think people are retarded with all the 3rd gen info. Why not wait to see what it has when it is for sale at the dealer?
Only I the "Baja" edition cures aids and the sr5 is a transformer..!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:33 PM   #45
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm with you on this one. There is plenty of speculation, some of it may be true, some of it may not. Things are always changing. There will be an even BETTER one a few years after that one.

But for now, I love the truck I have, it serves me well and I have no complaints whatsoever. So why would I even need to look elsewhere?
Old 07-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #46
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely some interesting and also some unfortunate changes. For one they eliminated the lid on the rear console box. I don't get that at all. Just turns it into a big dirt catcher. The FJ center console doesn't have a lid either. Weird.

Also if what Toyota is calling "piano black" is the same as what the electronics industry calls "piano black" it's a terrible choice for a truck. Basically it's high gloss black plastic, and it's one of the easiest to scratch materials in the world.

Also interesting that they eliminated the subwoofer from the TRD Offroad package in the Access Cab. Probably makes the stock stereo pretty worthless then. Surprised that the eliminated it from what is essentially their top package in the AC.

As for interesting, I think the black carpeting is nice. Would love to see the (very) dark charcoal FJ seats in the Tacoma as well .. very nice color and fabric.

And note that under "double cab v6" it says "manual transmission now available in A-Suffix configuration". Wonder if that's a DC longbed.

On another note, it's good to see them keep most of the mechanical the same for another year .. means a better (read: cheaper) used parts market in the future. One of the reasons why old Toyotas are so valuable is because parts are so plentiful and cheap. The more years Toyota keeps the engines and trannys the same, the better for the future.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #47
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
...And note that under "double cab v6" it says "manual transmission now available in A-Suffix configuration". Wonder if that's a DC longbed.....
I didn't know what the "A-suffix" was...I hope you're wrong though That unto itself would be reason enough for me to trade in for one.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:16 AM   #48
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
I just really want to see what the front end looks like. That and the black carpet.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:57 AM   #49
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2
Old 07-29-2011, 02:11 AM   #50
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Still no sunroof?
Old 07-29-2011, 06:04 AM   #51
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
It's really hard to keep up with so many threads about the same subject...but I will do my best.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #52
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...I just think people are retarded with all the 3rd gen info...
no you don't. otherwise you wouldn't be participating in every 3rd gen forum. it's completely normal for people to be interested in upcoming changes to the tacoma, just as you are.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #54
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
no you don't. otherwise you wouldn't be participating in every 3rd gen forum. it's completely normal for people to be interested in upcoming changes to the tacoma, just as you are.
Looks like we have a mind reader...kinda hard to miss all the 3rd gen threads when they are all over the front page so I figure why not post my piece.

When and if it does change I will read the real specs on Toyota.com. If there are changes then cool. If the truck remains the same then cool. Either way it doesn't do anything for me.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #55
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What about heated mirrors Toyota ?

Maybe some decent frame protection is in order
Old 07-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #56
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd and that green.....yuck!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #57
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks like we have a mind reader...kinda hard to miss all the 3rd gen threads when they are all over the front page so I figure why not post my piece.

When and if it does change I will read the real specs on Toyota.com. If there are changes then cool. If the truck remains the same then cool. Either way it doesn't do anything for me.
ah, i see... just so many topics on the front page that you inadvertantly end up on most, if not all, the 3rd gen topics... just by accident.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #58
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
ah, i see... just so many topics on the front page that you inadvertantly end up on most, if not all, the 3rd gen topics... just by accident.
I click on most if not all and voice my opinion if I have one of the subject.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #60

Quote:

Me thinks that you really do care, and you're just trying to play it off in a cool fashion.

If you really didn't give a rat's patootie about the changes (or lack thereof) then why do you make your opinion on the matter so known?