Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Goo gone not working

Old 07-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Goo gone not working

So, I debadged my truck, and have a bunch of glue, and/or the badge outline leftover. I tried goo gone and it worked slightly, but left the outline and some glue. Anything else you guys recommend? i dont want to try alcohol because I know it eats the clear coat. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
keep using a clean clothe. when i did mine i kept smearing the glue until i figured out it was the dirty rag
Old 07-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Alcohol won't hurt the clear coat.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Have you let it soak? I removed the trim pieces on my Dodge Ram that had been on there for about 5 years and faded horribly. It took some elbow grease and some time of soaking in spots. It did take a lot of time and effort. Also used WD-40 in spots, couldn't really tell a difference between the two though.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
Diverse-Customs.com
Yodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
Yodaforce's Tacoma Gallery
Laquer thinner or acetone works. Wipe off the sticky, follow up immediately with a dry rag to clean it back off. Put some polish on it and it's fine. Factory clear hold up really well unless it's allowed to "soak" in it for a while.
I have to do it all the time. I paint cars for a living.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
Bloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bloom's Tacoma Gallery
WD40
Old 07-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Alcohol won't hurt the clear coat.
Alcohol stripped my clear coat immediately. I still have a dull spot on my tailgate. To the op, just be patient with the goo gone and then wash and wax and you're good to go.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner #08984

This is the best .... recommended by the local paint and body shop.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #10
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
If it comes down to it...get you some light compound and give it a little polish. Might be a good time to just give the whole truck a good detail and get rid of the glue.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #11
DNR's and Refusals!
lexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dave
lexmedic157's Tacoma Gallery
Stripped a bunch of ambulances of their decal/lettering. Used "Goof-Off" from True Value. Works like a charm!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmedic157 View Post
Stripped a bunch of ambulances of their decal/lettering. Used "Goof-Off" from True Value. Works like a charm!
Goof Off is no good for the clearcoat
Old 07-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #13
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Goof Off is no good for the clearcoat
Unless you want it to do the same thing that you would like to see an attractive female do.....
Old 07-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #14
DNR's and Refusals!
lexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlexmedic157 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dave
lexmedic157's Tacoma Gallery
WD-40 then
Old 07-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #15
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seminolepride991 View Post
Unless you want it to do the same thing that you would like to see an attractive female do.....
Take off the paint ?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #16
Resident Fishing Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Take off the paint ?
really oz...come on now....

STRIP
Old 07-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #17
Bosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kevin
Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
Take some luke warm water and dilute a cup of Simple Green.

The mix should be 50/50. It will work great and will not damage the clear coat.

DO NOT PUT LAQUER THINNER OR ACETONE!! Why the F**K would anybody do that?!

If alcohol got instant clear coat removal... then what the hell is PAINT THINNER gonna do!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #18
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
bug and tar remover

clay bar
Old 07-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #19
samhain will become famous soon enoughsamhain will become famous soon enough
Name: Brandon
samhain's Tacoma Gallery
WD-40 X 100
Old 07-29-2011, 07:56 AM   #20
09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
09taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem when I did mine. I went to Andvance Auto Parts and bought a 3M Eraser Wheel cause I really didn't feel like wasting my day trying to rub all that glue off. The wheel worked great!!! Took it all of in 10 minutes. I keep my truck outside all the time and for that reason you could see where the badges were in the clear coat. I worked the entire truck over with a clay bar and them waxed it. It lookes like new again and I am still debating wheter I am putting the badges back on, cause in my opinion, it looks better without them.