1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keyless Entry Stopped working ?!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by vg05, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Oct 20, 2008 at 4:34 PM
    vg05

vg05 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma SR5 AccessCab
    PIAA 400/500MHz Horn, XRain Wipers
    So I took the truck to the dealership because of a check engine light was on. Turned out it was just the passenger airbag got disconnected and was throwing the error.

Once I got the truck back 2008 Tacoma SR5 4Cyc Auto AccessCab, I noticed a nice scratch on the door. To make things worse and the point of this post is that the keyless entry has also stopped working since I picked up the truck. I first thought it was the battery but no such luck.

Is there anything besides trying to yet another dealership even further away to have them fix the problem?

Thanks!

2. Oct 20, 2008 at 4:40 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that

how did the airbag get disconnected? Oh and I would be making a return trip to the dealer to have them fix what they "fixed". When did you notice the scratch, was is when you got home? One of the local dealers here does a write up of any damage prior to working on it so they can't be blamed later, perhaps they did something like this?

-Dan

3. Oct 20, 2008 at 4:55 PM
    trcksr4grls

trcksr4grls Prayers for Bill and Michelle

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 08 Super White Prerunner
    Ok I am sure you did, but check your batteries in your fob and if it still doesn't work check your fuses (specifically the 10A)even if that one looks good put another one in there. I would definitly check all the fuses first.... and then you could also try to unhook your battery for awhile then hook it back up to make it reboot your systems...

4. Oct 20, 2008 at 5:02 PM
    vg05

vg05 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma SR5 AccessCab
    PIAA 400/500MHz Horn, XRain Wipers
    I didn't notice the scratch on the door until about a week later. It's right in the middle of the driver side door too. It's not the first scratch, but I wasn't happy about it.

I tried the battery in fob, I will check the fuse next since that does make sense. I will also try pulling the battery...

Products Discussed in

To Top