Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Factory Fog Lights?

Old 05-29-2008, 08:54 PM   #21
p38 is on a distinguished road
p38's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats all sounds great with the acception of $350 for fog lights.
thanks for the post
Old 07-14-2008, 05:18 AM   #22
darnett41 is on a distinguished road
darnett41's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
Just installed the Blinglights foglights yesterday. I copped out and paid someone to do it in the 100+ heat here for $80. Looks great!
i purchased a set of the bling lights off ebay and when they arrived i called mark at bling lights and requested my money back, i thought they were junk. i much rather have OEM lights
thats just me.
david
Old 05-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #23
lightfoot21 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: pilot
lightfoot21's Tacoma Gallery
2009 Taco Fog lights/intermittent wipers instal help

Hello taco Friends, I have the 2009 Access cab, 4x4 that I just installed the bug deflector, Aries Bull bar and nasta Nerf bars to. I would like to get the fog lights but there are no wires under the fender, I also wish to do the intermittent wipers and need some wheels, wheel covers ideas.
If anyone can help me, I am a disaster with electricity though.
Any info/help from my Taco friends would be greatly appreciated.

Those Toyo dealers are real ball breakers when it comes to info. updates, etc

thanks, Rich
Old 05-31-2009, 06:50 PM   #24
fog light assemblies

If the lights do not come with the wiring harnesses and the factory did not place the wires under the fender, how do I wire the new foglights?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:05 PM   #25
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
look really close behind the bumper and up behind the grill. someone told me that a lot of times on trucks that don't come with fog lights, they will have some wiring pre ran and just "dangling" or tied up back there. i think i found some when i did mine, been a while so i don't remember, but i think it that is the case. if not, you'll have to run the wire yourself.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:58 PM   #26
BigT is on a distinguished road
BigT's Tacoma Gallery
Factory Fogs

I have an 05 tacoma I4 with sr5 package ,and I too wanted fog lights, but refused to $400.00+ for factory fogs. After much research on the net and many forums, including this one, I found the perfect solution to my problem. I purchased a fog light kit on ebay from "gummysource". The kit includes the fog light housings which snap in perfectly to the factory mounting points, the bulbs, wire harness , including relay,and a switch all for a little over $200. The only drawbacks were: instructions not very detailed, and switch wasn't factory, however, my 17 yr. old nephew helped me install them, and I can live with the lighted rocker switch that comes with them. I have had them installed for a month or so now, with no problems, and they definitely cut through the fog.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #27
Pink Taco Lover
sonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud of
sonjason's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
I have an 05 tacoma I4 with sr5 package ,and I too wanted fog lights, but refused to $400.00+ for factory fogs. After much research on the net and many forums, including this one, I found the perfect solution to my problem. I purchased a fog light kit on ebay from "gummysource". The kit includes the fog light housings which snap in perfectly to the factory mounting points, the bulbs, wire harness , including relay,and a switch all for a little over $200. The only drawbacks were: instructions not very detailed, and switch wasn't factory, however, my 17 yr. old nephew helped me install them, and I can live with the lighted rocker switch that comes with them. I have had them installed for a month or so now, with no problems, and they definitely cut through the fog.

Got pics?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #28
Pink Taco Lover
sonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnett41 View Post
i purchased a set of the bling lights off ebay and when they arrived i called mark at bling lights and requested my money back, i thought they were junk. i much rather have OEM lights
thats just me.
david

I did the same thing... those didn't even come close to fitting the factory hole.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #29
Pink Taco Lover
All:

Please see link below for how to install OEM fogs on a truck with no wiring.

http://www.toyotapart.com/FogLights.html

Regardless what your actual light is, the same steps should apply to wiring them.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #30
fogs.........

looks like duck soup but its the wiring that will get me in trouble as I am not an electrical genius by no means.........QUACK!

aLSO, hoping I can get an answer on keyless entry.new truck, need key to open door, do I check with dealer to see if there is a chip for the keyless and then just acquire the remote........ARGH. TACO MODS ARE A PAIN IN THE A$$
BUT FUN.

Rich
Old 06-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #31
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
You can always just order one of these from ebay & get the factory dash switch seperately. The one with the kit does not fit our dash correctly. You can get yellow or clear & the lights use existing mounting spots just like the factory ones. Lights themselves are identical. Comes with the harness/relay. Just wire it up to the factory switch is what I did........
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...Q5fAccessories

Old 06-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #32
Pink Taco Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
You can always just order one of these from ebay & get the factory dash switch seperately. The one with the kit does not fit our dash correctly. You can get yellow or clear & the lights use existing mounting spots just like the factory ones. Lights themselves are identical. Comes with the harness/relay. Just wire it up to the factory switch is what I did........

Are the lights shown in the link above the same ones I see on your truck in your picture gallery?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #33
BigT is on a distinguished road
BigT's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Lights

I will take some pics and try to post them.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:08 AM   #34
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjason View Post
Are the lights shown in the link above the same ones I see on your truck in your picture gallery?
The yellow ones in my gallery are the ebay ones. The clear ones are oem that I traded for. They fit exactly the same & they plug in the same exact way. Physically the only thing that is micro different is the little heat vent on the back of them which doesn't matter at all. Quality was no different, both weigh the same & are made of same materials.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #35
Gronk is on a distinguished road
Gronk's Tacoma Gallery
Driving lights

I have an 07 SR5 with Factory Fogs, and factory switch 84160-04010, I purchased another switch but without female plug. I know I'm brain dead when it comes to electical but can anybody help me out to get these things wired up. I have a Piaa Relay and lights etc.. and have run four wires through the dash and to where the lights will mount on a brush bar. I checked out the Hella Fog lamp schematic but I get lost on where the the purple combines and becomes green to the LH Parking Lamp.... Please help, alreay bald.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #36
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Welcome aboard. It may be easier to get the connector & 4 pigtails wires that clip into the connector you need to hook up to your oem switch from the dealer. Then splice/solder the wires to the sw pigtails. That is what I did to get the oem switch hooked to aftermarket harness that came with the fog lights. I'm sure there are some wiring pics/diagrams in the lighting section that should help out. Just wire them to the relay & rest of things just like in the how-tos in the lighting section. Just look around in that section & you'll run into what you need.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #37
Gronk is on a distinguished road
Gronk's Tacoma Gallery
Driving lights

Thanks much for responding. I ordered the connector $3.86 and the wires $5.98/ea and their all the same color so in a way even after I get them I will be back to square one trying to wire it. I'm kind of simple I guess but how do the wires run? I looked at a schematic but it seemed a bit gray to me. I was looking at the Hella posting. I know the #2 from the top goes to the 86 post on the relay, and #4 goes to a ground, 1 and 3 are the ones that have me a bit confused.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #38
Reaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud of
Army: Combat Engineer's
Reaper22's Tacoma Gallery
I got my lights from a gut on this site and ordered the switch from a guy on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...#ht_500wt_1182
ordered the wiring and plug for the switch from https://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/partscat.html
Got the plugs and relay for the fog lights at autozone
Run wiring in wire loom I bought at walmart.
Now I have factory fog lights on my reg cab tacoma.. It's that easy..
Old 01-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #39
2010prerunner is a jewel in the rough2010prerunner is a jewel in the rough2010prerunner is a jewel in the rough2010prerunner is a jewel in the rough
Name: Paul
2010prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
factory wired quick check

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBetty View Post
Has anyone installed factory fog lights on a vehicle that didn't come with them? I'm currious if the install is any cleaner than adding aftermarket lights.
A simple way to check for factory wired fog lights is in the underhood relay/fuse box. If there are metal receptor clips in the slots where the fog relay plugs into, you're likely pre-wired.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #40
drmadron is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: don
drmadron's Tacoma Gallery
what about the relay did you buy that

how about the relay did you buy that