1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

gonna buy a 2011 off road with extras

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacoma70554, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Jul 29, 2011 at 6:58 PM
    tacoma70554

tacoma70554 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    lousiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner sport
    westin bull bar, black nerf bars, halogen headlights/fog lights, flowmaster dual exhaust, LED interior lights, weather tech floor mats, memphis audio 10" sub with custom box behind back seat, 4 memphis audio mclass door speakers, memphis amp, blacked out emblems, ome 3in lift with aal, shorty antenna
    I have a 2010 sport prerunner but want a 4x4 and a few other options.
    So having been talking to dealerships lately and found one who will finance pretty much anything I want on it. I was looking at getting a 2011 4x4 double cab off road package with jbl. Now theres a few things I was gonna add through dealership.
    -leather seats
    -supercharger
    -trd cai
    -trd cat black exhaust
    -hood with scoop
    -remote start with security system
    -3in lift ( either toytec ultimate or oem)
    -predator step tubes

I planned on doing most if not all these features and dealership said all can be done and financed. The wheels/tires I currently have will go on the new truck. My questions is any body on here done all this before or some of these features with a new puraches?

I know the leather will not be factory installed. Remote start will be aftermarket also. But all of these features will be covered in a warranty I assume from the dealership.

Also anything else that some one can think of that would be good to install before purchasing let me know.

2. Jul 29, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    Superx2

Superx2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Iowa
    i would say yes, but make sure you get it on paper. and i would find out for sure too!

3. Jul 29, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    tacoma70554

tacoma70554 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    lousiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner sport
    westin bull bar, black nerf bars, halogen headlights/fog lights, flowmaster dual exhaust, LED interior lights, weather tech floor mats, memphis audio 10" sub with custom box behind back seat, 4 memphis audio mclass door speakers, memphis amp, blacked out emblems, ome 3in lift with aal, shorty antenna
    I know not suppose to be financed but asked multiple times he said as long as you got the credit we will finance it. Im figure the truck value around 37-39 thousand to purchase with all accessories. Financed over 60 months about 650 a note.

4. Jul 29, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    PineBarrenTaco

PineBarrenTaco Active Member

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Super White TRD Off-Road
    Clear bra, TRD catback, TRD skid plate
    dude your going to get raped!!!

5. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    2kool4school

2kool4school Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    '12 JKU Sport
    Some Dealerships have deals with aftermarket shops to do work, they pay the shop. You pay the Dealership. Here is the main problem with that though, with the shop doing the work for the Dealership. Your going to be paying markup twice, the shop will buy and install the parts. Thus charging the Dealership labor and X% on top of the parts cost. Then the Dealership will turn around and charge you X% on top of there cost. Might be wiser for you to get the truck stock and then buy the other stuff you want later.

6. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    tacoma70554

tacoma70554 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    lousiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner sport
    Yea the bill is going to suck but rather have a warrant from factory. Hopefully they don't screw anything up. If I go do everything at different shops im not sure it'll be that much cheaper maybe 1000 or so.

7. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM
    2kool4school

2kool4school Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    '12 JKU Sport
    NOT everything is going to Warrantied, IF it has a Warrantee from the company that produces it the dealer might match that.

8. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    I didn't think you could finance a supercharger with the purchase of a new truck?

9. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    tacoma70554

tacoma70554 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    lousiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner sport
    But how much of a difference would the price make? I know it'll be more from dealership but ill have it all at once and just pay one note instead of adding a few things every few months. I haven't got prices yet on anything so if its to outrageous ill just add supercharger n trd things and get the rest from other places. The lift I don't mind waiting on getting it some wheres else. The leather if to much ill get the CST/KATZKIN leather and have it installed. Im not sure excatly what im goning to do yet but,was just seeing what every body thought about getting these things done. I think it'll just be awesome to drive away in a new tacoma all decked out off the lot.

10. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:14 PM
    tacoma70554

tacoma70554 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    lousiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner sport
    Not suppose to but the dealership I talked to said they would.
    Not sure if they just trying to get me there then change there minds which would really suck.

11. Jul 29, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Definitely let us know if they can finance the supercharger. I suspect the reason that is prohibited is because it would trigger a requirement to certify the truck with the supercharger installed.

12. Jul 29, 2011 at 10:24 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    twin turbo f-150 4x4 crew cab for $40k

13. Jul 29, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    DheadTaco

DheadTaco Pill it till you kill it!

Member:
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 Impulse Red Pearl
    -Color Matched Grill & Toyota emblem -Headlights from WOTM -Tinted Fogs with Lamin-x (Tint) -Tinted taillights with Lamin-x (Tint) -6K HIDs in headlights and fogs -20% tint all around -Plasti-dipped badges -Plasti-dipped back bumper -Mud flap mod -'10 running-boards -LEDs all around -AFE drop-in
    Sounds like a terrible deal man! With that kind of note go get you a Zo6 or something worth 650 a month.

14. Jul 29, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    tacoma70554

tacoma70554 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    lousiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner sport
    If I wanted a ford I would get a ford not interested in them.

And im just throwing a figure out there for 650 a month for 5 years 39,000. Supercharger at least 4,500 then trd cat black 500, trd cai 500, leather seats ?, remote start with security 500-700, lift 1500. Just what I think stuff would cost from other post on here.

Products Discussed in

To Top