Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Tacoma is hurting after being rear ended

Old 07-29-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
LittleMule is on a distinguished road
LittleMule's Tacoma Gallery
My Tacoma is hurting after being rear ended

My Tacoma was rear ended by a young college girl the other day. I was merging onto the freeway when traffic stopped in front. She was not paying attention and basically accelerated into me.

Damage Done:

Bumper gone
Tailgate Bent
Hitch Bent
Bed cracked and bowed
Frame Bent

Now I am riding around in a rental while it is fixed. This Stinks!

Old 07-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Ouch. I'm glad you are alright though.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
was the college girl hot. yes or no.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
at first it didnt look that bad, then i read the problems, that sucks man
Old 07-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like quite a hit. A sheetmetal bumper probably wouldn't have helped in this case.

How are they repairing the bent frame? Pulling it on a rack or cutting off the rearmost section and welding a replacement piece?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
was the college girl hot. yes or no.
Was not bad, Thought of giving her number to a buddy who is single
Old 07-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #7
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMule View Post
damn...thats friendship right there.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Looks like quite a hit. A sheetmetal bumper probably wouldn't have helped in this case.

How are they repairing the bent frame? Pulling it on a rack or cutting off the rearmost section and welding a replacement piece?
They are replacing the frame. The Shop I sent it to is real good so I hope it all turns out well.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #9
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious how fast was she going? She must have hit you at a good rate of speed for your frame to bend. Hope you are alright.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
Just curious how fast was she going? She must have hit you at a good rate of speed for your frame to bend. Hope you are alright.
I was stopped and I would think 40ish
Old 07-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seminolepride991 View Post
damn...thats friendship right there.
yeah but kinda creepy.

"Hey you don't know me but I got your number from my buddy who you rear ended...sup?"
Old 07-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #12
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well that sucks man but as long as you're alright. Any plans for an after market bumper or going with original?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #13
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
yeah but kinda creepy.

"Hey you don't know me but I got your number from my buddy who you rear ended...sup?"

pshhhh. That's just childish. . .

"Hey, wanna fuck?" would be more appropriate.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #14
Quote:
Well that sucks man but as long as your alright. Any plans for an after market bumper or going with original?
I think I might have a small lift put on, but I think for now everything else I will keep stock
Old 07-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #15

Quote:
I think I might have a small lift put on, but I think for now everything else I will keep stock

Well good luck with the lift and the new bumper.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #16
Quote:
Well good luck with the lift and the new bumper.
Thanks, if I lift it I will post some pics.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:24 AM   #17
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if it would have done as much damage if your hitch bar hadn't been in.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #18
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^ Don't think it would have mattered. 40 mph is the speed at which the IIHS does its frontal collision testing. Crumple zones crumple to protect the occupants and usually the vehicle is totaled.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:04 AM   #19
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks man, I know you miss your baby. Let me guess, insurance has you driving a Ford Focus?
Old 07-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #20
TacomaMan07 has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaMan07 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chandler
TacomaMan07's Tacoma Gallery
I got in a three way accident back in feb. I was in front and got rear ended by like a 15year Tahoe. Did some serious damage. Mine looked worse then yours. But up close yours is worse. I had to replace the bumper tailgate and right bed side. I didnt have bed or frame damage which is the expensive repairs.