Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tire Pressure light and Passenger Seat Belt

Old 07-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
Hidepounder is on a distinguished road
Hidepounder's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Pressure light and Passenger Seat Belt

Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions. My first, i have 265/75 17 tires on stock sport rims. The pressure sensor light won't go off. Given the tire size I can't find the appropriate pressure to fill the tires. (the truck is new to me). I have tried 35psi, 29psi with no luck (even the spare)? I know one of the taco lovers out there knows how to help.

Second question, my passenger seat belt light blinks when no one is sitting in the seat and when some one does it goes off. I don't know if this is normal or if not, how do I fix it?

Thanks TW community you guys rock. I have been looking on here last couple days and all of the rides are really nice and now its time for me to do some mods.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Owners Manual clearly tells you how to RESET the pressure sensor for the pressure you are now running (includes spare). You don't change the air to satisfy the light... You change the light to monitor the air you are running. To find the right pressure, either use how the truck feels/ steers or do the CHALK TEST.

The seat belt light shouldn't blink or beep if NOTHING is on the passenger seat... But, any weight over a couple pounds will activate it.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Reset your TPMS system , it's in your manual , for your 07 , there may be a TPMS sensor in the spare as well , check that the pressure in the spare matches the other tires and reset the system

The passenger alarm will go off if there is over approx 10 lbs in the front seat as there is a weight sensor in the seat , if you have nothing in the seat you may have a faulty sensor , take it to the dealer
Old 07-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
Hidepounder is on a distinguished road
Hidepounder's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, good advise. I have read the manual and did everything that it said to do and did everything that I found on TW. The reason I asked the question was that I was worried I was chasing a ghost givin that the standard pressures on the inside of the door and the manual did not meet my actual tire size. I have a feeling that my sensor went out again (replaced last year).

On the passenger seat, the warning light works perfectly when a passanger is in the car (goes off), but I can't seem to figure out why it always is flashing unless the seat belt is buckled. Could the seat be sagging and causing it to trigger?

Well, thanks again men. I'll keep on it.