Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about rear TSB

Old 07-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
TacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoDawgs's Tacoma Gallery
Question about rear TSB

So I got the rear TSB done today on my '08 Double Cab Off Road and I'm a bit confused. From everything I've read on this forum the rear TSB changed the leaf pack from 3 to 4. So at the dealership (which is an obnoxious hour and a half away from where I live) I checked and I still only have 3, granted they are brand new. So I went and asked the service assistant if I got the 4 leaf or 3 leaf pack and she said they replaced it with a beefier 3 leaf pack. Supposedly these leaves are thicker than the stock ones. Has anyone else seen this? Is this the new way of doing the rear TSB? Or did I just get the same rear leaves just newer ones? I wouldn't think I'd get taken for a ride when they are doing free work under warranty but who knows.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Is it 2 leaves with an overload? or 3 leaves with an overload? The TSB should be 3 with an overload.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Compare them to the old 3 leaf pack, you can request parts back that they took off. If you ask, they have to give them to you.

IMO you got jobbed.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
TacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shed
It is 2 with an overload. This really pisses me off. Cause I went to get this TSB done last week and they ordered the wrong parts. So I had to go back today. Again the damn dealership is 1.5 hours away from my house.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Ya that's sucks dude. I would call Toyota customer service and file a complaint at least, then I would take it to another dealer
Old 07-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Yeah they fucked you. Don't even bother going back. The TSB pack sucks.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Yep... don't settle for that. I got the TSB and they are 3 with an overload. They are definitely not a long term solution. I'll give my TSB leaf packs a couple years and then they are history.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
So I talked to the service adviser I've been dealing with and she said she'd look into it and get back with me next week. I don't think I've been this pissed in a long time. What do yall think I can get out of this whole thing? If I DO go back to this dealership I want something out of it. What about having it completed at a different, closer dealership (30 minutes away)? Though I've heard once a service is started at a dealership it can't be transferred to another. What do yall think? Thanks for the help with this.