Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need advice on wreck

Old 07-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
lilgeneral007 is on a distinguished road
lilgeneral007's Tacoma Gallery
Need advice on wreck

Had a wreck 7-26-11 - took to a collision center & the guy is telling me that black is "black" as far as paint goes - My truck is "Black Pearl" according to Toyota. He's telling me they're probably not going to blend the back of the cabin even though they'll replace the whole back fender. He's also telling me they won't blend the right back fender even though they'll get a new tail gate for the truck. Any collision people out there have some advice?

thanks
Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice on wreck-dsc00965.jpg  
Old 07-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
yeah dont go there.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
kinda the vibe I'm getting, wasn't sure if there was something I didn't know
Old 07-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
yeah dont go there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John3 View Post
I would go someplace else. If that guy has that attitude with you now, what happens later on if they screw up?
^^ this

Find another place.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
pick21 is on a distinguished road
pick21's Tacoma Gallery
ive been a painter for 20 years if its a reputal body shop the will have no problem matching black pearl
Old 07-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
so,are you saying the blend may not be necessary if they match the "black pearl"?
Old 07-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Just walk away dude. If they won't give you what you want, then fuck em.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Go to toyotas body shop, they should know what there doing.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #11
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck color is Black Sand Pearl, it's a very metallic paint. As far as blending, I dont think it is necessary to blend anything if they are only painting the one rear fender (bedside). Blending is done so the paint doesn't look mismatched on corners and lines, but since it is the entire panel, you shouldn't be able to even tell. Every car from the last 20 years or so has a paint code that the body shop just looks up and matches, if this shop says black is just black, he is either messing with you or has no clue what he's talking about.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pick21 View Post
ive been a painter for 20 years if its a reputal body shop the will have no problem matching black pearl
X3