Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My supercharger install experience (dealer)

Old 07-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #21
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhh.. I live in kennewick. Surprised that they did that considering the experience ive had with them. over all not a bad dealer.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #22
4Runner guy
Ripcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
Ripcord's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! A 2011 TX Pro with a S/C is like the holy grail of Tacomas!

Way to swing a deal! Reminds me of the time when my dealer tried to charge me for a 4x4 differentials service on my prerunner..
Old 07-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #23
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
Nice! A 2011 TX Pro with a S/C is like the holy grail of Tacomas!

Way to swing a deal! Reminds me of the time when my dealer tried to charge me for a 4x4 differentials service on my prerunner..
Thanks. For some reason the TX Pros get a lot of crap for being poser trucks... I just liked the wheels and exhaust so I figured I'd save some cash getting the package instead of buying them aftermarket.
Supercharged, lifted, lots of etc... Don't know why they get less respect. Oh well!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:41 PM   #24
BigDan is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
BigDan's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to BigDan
I am interested in the effect on fuel mileage? Before and after install of the SC.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:20 PM   #25
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
I am interested in the effect on fuel mileage? Before and after install of the SC.
Mine stayed the same at 16ish mpg. I've seen higher but not very often. Depends on how and where u drive though.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:45 PM   #26
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
If I notice a dramatic change I'll post up, but one of my benefits at work is free fuel so I don't track it closely.
My daily commute is about 50 miles on a rural highway, with very little stop & go, so I don't think it will change much.

EDIT: Is that 6 naked women in your tub???
Old 07-31-2011, 11:35 PM   #27
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
bigdan officially has the best sig.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:48 PM   #28
AbqTRD2010 is just really niceAbqTRD2010 is just really niceAbqTRD2010 is just really niceAbqTRD2010 is just really nice

Name: Michael
AbqTRD2010's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to AbqTRD2010
Congrads on the S/C. I'm sure the charger really brought the truck to life.

If you consider parting with the engine cover and willing to ship please PM me and let me know how much you'd like for it shipped. I would like to try making a customer cover for my truck but dont want to attempt it on my original.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #29
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On the freeway my mileage increased noticeably cause it didnt down shift on the inclines as it normally would naturally aspirated...I live in northern nevada and its all uphill and downhill..as for the city it depends on how you drive if you in boost your mileage drops alot if you feather it I didnt notice a drop..thats all up to you....PS i drove from Elko to vegas which is 420 mi I did it on one tank...but I also topped off to but my truck never downshifted once going 70 mph
Old 08-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #30
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
what makes a TX pro so great? Cool wheels, stickers, floor mats & skids like my 08 TRD2. does it have the Trunda wheels? It's about time Toyota makes up for the crap they put out. How about the SC with 8 lbs of boost gut not on a stock motor. Open ou the heads, high flow injectors & ex. 8 lbs on a free flowing engin. SC on a stock motor the psi is at 8. Let the motor breath that 8 will drop to 4-5, then change the pull and burn the SC out.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:31 AM   #31
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota needs to sell a top line Tacoma. 1) F the 70's style Trans Am stickers. 2) Put the SC on , OME type lift (the Dakar leafs work for me) and some 33's. Make a base reg. cab. strip for 22k , ya with manuel windows, rubber floor cover. Then put out a 38K DC.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:35 AM   #32
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
oh, was i unclear the first time?
PICS, VID- NAO!

So that my jealousy and rage can overtake my curiosity.
Personally, I like the TX pros....
Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #34

OK OK OK here is a pic... nothing fancy but a quick shot under the hood.
I have a GoPro but not sure how I could make an interesting video unless you just want a shot of the motor revving and making some new noises.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
what makes a TX pro so great? Cool wheels, stickers, floor mats & skids like my 08 TRD2. does it have the Trunda wheels? It's about time Toyota makes up for the crap they put out. How about the SC with 8 lbs of boost gut not on a stock motor. Open ou the heads, high flow injectors & ex. 8 lbs on a free flowing engin. SC on a stock motor the psi is at 8. Let the motor breath that 8 will drop to 4-5, then change the pull and burn the SC out.
Nothing makes it great. It's just another TRD off-road. That's what I was getting at... they get dumped on but it's just another Taco. No more; no less.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #36
4Runner guy
Ripcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
Ripcord's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
Nothing makes it great. It's just another TRD off-road. That's what I was getting at... they get dumped on but it's just another Taco. No more; no less.
I could understand if it was based off of a TRD sport or something, but its a TRD off-road.

Oh well, you like it and that's all that matters.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #37
wayne73 is on a distinguished road
Name: Wayne
wayne73's Tacoma Gallery
Not to thread jack....

But where is the best deal online for the supercharger and fit kit? TRDparts4U?
Old 08-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #38
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne73 View Post
Not to thread jack....

But where is the best deal online for the supercharger and fit kit? TRDparts4U?
check ShopTRD as well.

I see you're in the area - any good/bad experiences to share with dealer service departments in the metro? I'm new here.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #39
wayne73 is on a distinguished road
Name: Wayne
wayne73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colder View Post
check ShopTRD as well.

I see you're in the area - any good/bad experiences to share with dealer service departments in the metro? I'm new here.
I have only dealt with Burnsville Toyota and Maplewood Toyota. All experiences went smootly, but nothing hardly goes wrong with my trucks. I had a 2001 before my 2009 I have now.

The only thing about Maplewood is the dealership and service department is tiny! So they take a while to get changes done. I usually drop off during the work day.

If you are out of warranty....and are looking for great service I would reccommend Slims Motor Clinic in Anoka. They are my go-to once out of warranty!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #40
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne73 View Post
I have only dealt with Burnsville Toyota and Maplewood Toyota. All experiences went smootly, but nothing hardly goes wrong with my trucks. I had a 2001 before my 2009 I have now.

The only thing about Maplewood is the dealership and service department is tiny! So they take a while to get changes done. I usually drop off during the work day.

If you are out of warranty....and are looking for great service I would reccommend Slims Motor Clinic in Anoka. They are my go-to once out of warranty!
Great, thanks. I have only dealt with Burnsville so far, but they have a huge parts/service area. I have only made one appointment there but they were able to fit me in the same day, and they are open late in the evening which is great.

I'm still under warranty, but I'll keep them in mind as I'm not too far from Anoka.

Thanks for the info!