Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My supercharger install experience (dealer)

Old 08-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #41
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne73 View Post
Not to thread jack....

But where is the best deal online for the supercharger and fit kit? TRDparts4U?
That is where I got mine, along with several other parts. They have been great to deal with.
There is another vendor that has it for a little bit less, but TRDparts4U ships it for free which makes up the difference.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #42
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
just received my SCer, now to get install quotes....

whats the going rate for install?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #43
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
That is where I got mine, along with several other parts. They have been great to deal with.
There is another vender that has it for a little bit less, but TRDparts4U ships it for free which makes up the difference.
some of the others mentioned offer free shipping.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #44
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMara View Post
just received my SCer, now to get install quotes....

whats the going rate for install?
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
Bought the S/C and fit kit online from TRDparts4U.
Called around to several dealers that were within about 2 hours drive; all were quoting around 9 hours ($800-$950) for install... pretty much what I expected, so I dropped it off Thursday night at the one that I felt was the most professional.

Waiting my turn to pick it up this afternoon, I notice there is a supercharger display for the Tacoma & Tundra nearby in the parts dept. I take a look, and see that the genius parts guys have taken the info directly from the Toyota brochure, and printed a sample invoice on their dealership's letterhead that shows only 6 hours billed for install!
So I return to service and when I am presented with the bill, I ask why I am charged 9 hours when the display right over there advertises only 6? The service writer follows me over to take a look...

Honestly, I was happy to pay the 9 hours, since I know the manufacturers are always quite optimistic on their flat rate times, and I saw the tech's time-stamp on the work order was 8.27 hours. Mostly I was just curious to hear what his explanation would be. He looked at it a few seconds and without any arguing at all, says "Well, I guess that's the most I can charge you for."
He reduced the bill by 1/3 and out the door I went!

I could tell he was pissed at the parts dept., but he never took it out on me at all. I was worried that the tech would get shafted, but he said he'd still pay him the 9 hours and try to recover the difference from the parts manager
I bet they won't make that mistake again!

So in all, I got my supercharger, fit kit, and installation all done for ~$4,300. Not too bad!
^^^