Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My supercharger install experience (dealer)

Old 07-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up My supercharger install experience (dealer)

Bought the S/C and fit kit online from TRDparts4U.
Called around to several dealers that were within about 2 hours drive; all were quoting around 9 hours ($800-$950) for install... pretty much what I expected, so I dropped it off Thursday night at the one that I felt was the most professional.

Waiting my turn to pick it up this afternoon, I notice there is a supercharger display for the Tacoma & Tundra nearby in the parts dept. I take a look, and see that the genius parts guys have taken the info directly from the Toyota brochure, and printed a sample invoice on their dealership's letterhead that shows only 6 hours billed for install!
So I return to service and when I am presented with the bill, I ask why I am charged 9 hours when the display right over there advertises only 6? The service writer follows me over to take a look...

Honestly, I was happy to pay the 9 hours, since I know the manufacturers are always quite optimistic on their flat rate times, and I saw the tech's time-stamp on the work order was 8.27 hours. Mostly I was just curious to hear what his explanation would be. He looked at it a few seconds and without any arguing at all, says "Well, I guess that's the most I can charge you for."
He reduced the bill by 1/3 and out the door I went!

I could tell he was pissed at the parts dept., but he never took it out on me at all. I was worried that the tech would get shafted, but he said he'd still pay him the 9 hours and try to recover the difference from the parts manager
I bet they won't make that mistake again!

So in all, I got my supercharger, fit kit, and installation all done for ~$4,300. Not too bad!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
Good Job, you win!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
uncoordinated dirtbox
Brandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
Brandon9402's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Video and pics.
NAO!
^ this!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Like it really took him 9 hours to install lol. Probably took 2 hours tops.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #11
thainess is on a distinguished road
thainess's Tacoma Gallery
wish i had 4,300!! very nicely done
Old 07-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #12
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
You'll love it I loved mine (05' tacoma)now time to install my SC on my new tacoma. Dealership wanted 1100.00 to install so I installed it myself took 12hrs though. Enjoy your SC
Old 07-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #13
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
Have you read through the instructions?
It's a BOOK. 49 pages I think.

Haven't gotten to drive it much yet, but I do notice it doesn't down shift going up hills where it used to.
I did have to open her up once on the way home. There was no way I was going to not pass my wife on the highway . Was over 100mph in no time at all!
Old 07-31-2011, 12:06 AM   #14
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
Its an involved install. I did mine in 7hrs then by my third time installing on 2 other friends trucks I was down to around 5hrs.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:40 AM   #15
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
def not 2 hours...2 hours maybe just to take the stock parts off needed to install the SC...
Old 07-31-2011, 01:38 AM   #16
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
What toyota dealership did the install?
Old 07-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
What toyota dealership did the install?
Toyota of Tri-Cities, in Kennewick, WA.

Thanks for the props guys... As I said before though, I wasn't trying to "stick it to the man"; I was just in the right place at the right time to take advantage of their own mistake.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #20
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
Good morals dude!!!