Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Part Question

Old 07-30-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Question Part Question

What is this support beam called? It goes across the front of the truck...as you can see mine is damaged on the Drivers side and I'm looking to replace that whole thing...just dont know wtf to call it. Is it the Radiator Support Assembly

I'm gonna attempt to do most of the repairs on the truck myself. It'll save me money for other cool stuff
Attached Thumbnails
Part Question-broken-blue.jpg  
Old 07-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bump
Old 07-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
dump
Old 07-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
when you go for a damage estimate, they'll usually give you a parts list with everything laid out, just use that
Old 07-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
when you go for a damage estimate, they'll usually give you a parts list with everything laid out, just use that
oh okay...was just gonna get a head start on stuff thats all...
Old 07-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #6

never been in an accident so this is all new to me...which is a good thing I guess
Old 07-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #7
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
lol yea, well don't worry, you aren't commited to a shop at that point, just say you want a damage estimate, guy will come out, and lay everything out for you on paper, parts labour and paint costs. He should give you a copy, then just use that simple AND thorough
Old 07-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
lol yea, well don't worry, you aren't commited to a shop at that point, just say you want a damage estimate, guy will come out, and lay everything out for you on paper, parts labour and paint costs. He should give you a copy, then just use that simple AND thorough
Nice! Yea I gotta appointment to go to the estimate place on Tuesday. My claims rep. said it'd take around 45 minutes to getta number for cost and damages for me
Old 07-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #9
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
It's called a "core support". I took mine out and replaced it with tubing.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
It's called a "core support". I took mine out and replaced it with tubing.
so I should buy this then? Thanks for the response dude

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2904230...=sbar&_lwgsi=y

Old 07-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #11
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Those pieces are not the core support. Look on http://www.toyotapartsales.com/partl...?siteid=214074 under front bumper and it will show those 2 pieces.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
Those pieces are not the core support. Look on http://www.toyotapartsales.com/partl...?siteid=214074 under front bumper and it will show those 2 pieces.
the link didn't work bud...can you post pics of what your referring too
Old 07-31-2011, 02:03 AM   #14

Quote:
EDIT

got the link man...thanks for that!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:45 AM   #15

Quote:
now, "Left" would be drivers side correct? lol