Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Emblem pins???

Old 10-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
Coyotetrack is on a distinguished road
Coyotetrack's Tacoma Gallery
Emblem pins???

Hi everyone,

I've read several posts with great advice on how to remove decals, logos and emblems. I'm wanting to do the same so that I can apply business graphics to my truck. I have a 2008 and I want to make sure before I start to remove all this stuff that there are no pins holding any of the 3D plates to the metal. I don't want to end up with holes. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks a lot,
Jim
Old 10-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
all of the emblems are held on by adhesive except for the one on the grill. so you don't have to worry about holes in your truck.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum!!

FOR SURE!!! there are no holes!! Just sticky goo that is non messy
Old 10-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Just heat them up with a hairdrier and use some fishing line like a saw, they come right off. Easy as pie.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #6
Coyotetrack is on a distinguished road
Coyotetrack's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

Thanks for the assurance. I'm going to work.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:02 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Another satisfied member! Good job fellas.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes you will need emblem tape to put back the new painted ones back on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
When you take them off, do you have to reapply any more goo or sticky stuff to put them back on? (thinking about blacking out my emblems)
Old 10-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #10
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When you take them off, do you have to reapply any more goo or sticky stuff to put them back on? (thinking about blacking out my emblems)
yeah i used 3m adhesive, and if you are going to black out your emblems, i suggest putting some kind of tape around them before removing them, that way you know you are putting them in the same spot
Old 10-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com

^^^ True dont want uneven emblems!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #12
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
I didn't put any tape on my truck and it came out pretty even. I know a few others that did the same. I didn't use the hairdryer either. I was worried about what the heat would do to the paint. I just used pretty strong fishing line and it worked fine. Someone mentioned wearing gloves so that the line doesn't cut through your hand.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #13
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Yeah it depends on how good the line is! Mine is solid and hard to break, Especially if its fresh line.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just cleaned the backs of my emblems real good and put on some 3m doublesided tape. has held up great.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #15
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz_TazComa View Post
I didn't put any tape on my truck and it came out pretty even. I know a few others that did the same. I didn't use the hairdryer either. I was worried about what the heat would do to the paint. I just used pretty strong fishing line and it worked fine. Someone mentioned wearing gloves so that the line doesn't cut through your hand.
yeah its not necessary to use tape, i didn't on one side and it was fine, but its just something to make it easier.