1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacing Satellite Radio Antenna with CB on 2010 Taco?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by plurpimpin, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Jul 31, 2011 at 7:07 PM
    plurpimpin

plurpimpin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Hey guys, just joined. I picked up a mint 2010 Access Cab TRD off road 4x4 on Saturday and am super stoaked. I wanted a taco before I even had my drivers license.

Right now the truck is pretty much exactly how I want it. The only thing is I want to add a CB. I plan on mounting the radio by cutting a hole through the rectangular tray on the passenger side of my shifter (automatic) as many people have done.

The big question is where to mount the antenna. I absolutely will not be drilling holes in the truck. At first I was thinking magnetic mount but I don't really want to have the wires running across my roof and would prefer a more permanent solution.

I have a tonneau cover which I want to keep on and plan on putting on a camper shell this winter so the bed rail mounted antenna is out too.

Then I had an Idea, has anyone ever removed the satellite radio antenna and mounted a rooftop antenna using that hole? I have no intention of ever getting a satellite radio subscription so I figure this might be a great option. Then if I ever needed to I could just reinstall the satellite antenna to bring things back to stock.

Has anyone ever removed their satellite antenna? Is it even possible? If this can't be done I'm probably just going to go for a rear bumper mount (and sacrifice signal strength and range).

Products Discussed in

To Top