Notices

Window Deflectors

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #21
wingspar will become famous soon enough

wingspar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
EGR has both in channel and stick on if I'm not mistaken. You have to be careful with them. If I recall correctly the in channels have an IC in the part number and are called in channels and the stick on are called slim line. I have the EGR in channel and they are slim, you can barely see them if you look at them straight from the front.
Thanks for that info. EGR’s are quite confusing, but I think I figured it out.

EGR Slimline Window Deflectors are stick on.

EGR In-Channel Rain Guards are In-Channel.

They apparently both deflect the wind. Why they call one “Window Deflectors” and the others In-Channel Rain Guards” is very confusing. They both seem to deflect the wind, which is my first concern. Rain protection is important in the soggy PNW. So, it looks like what I want are the EGR In-Channel Rain Guards.

I started the order process at Autoanything, but nothing says how they ship them, other than a generic term “ground ship”. Can anyone tell me if Autoanything ships via UPS or USPS? It’s important so I give the right shipping address.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #22
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine from Amazon for like $46 bucks with free shipping. Got them in 2 days. Turns out they shipped from Atlanta so I guess that's why I got them so quickly. They were about half the price of the Weathertechs when I was looking so I went with them.

Just typed Amazon in my browser and it still came up with the link where I bought mine. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NPS086

BTW, it only shows for like an 05 but they are the same from 05-2011
Old 08-06-2011, 07:54 PM   #23

The Amazon link keeps telling me I can’t select the year. Besides, they are cheaper at Autoanything. Not much, but cheaper.

Still wondering if they ship via UPS or USPS?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Yeah but do they give free shipping?
Yes, they say "Free Shipping" for $46.95 total.

But, UPS or USPS???
Old 08-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #26
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sounds great then, I've heard on here that they were a good place to deal with. When I bought mine they were a little higher, cant remember if it was the shipping or what but Amazon was the cheapest I could find when I bought.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #27

I hate the word “Free”. Nothing is free. If they say “Free Shipping”, you can bet your bottom dollar that the cost of shipping is built into the price of the product. They are in the business of making money, not giving stuff away, but it does make it sound like the customer is getting a good deal by saying “Free Shipping”. I bite on “Free Shipping” whenever possible.

Still wondering if Autoanything ships by UPS or USPS?
Old 08-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspar View Post

Cant say since I've never bought anything from them.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #29
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspar View Post
I hate the word “Free”. Nothing is free. If they say “Free Shipping”, you can bet your bottom dollar that the cost of shipping is built into the price of the product. They are in the business of making money, not giving stuff away, but it does make it sound like the customer is getting a good deal by saying “Free Shipping”. I bite on “Free Shipping” whenever possible.

I just got my EGR in channels from Autoanything yesterday, I didn't see the driver drop it but I'll check the packing list .. brb.

Fedex it is.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I just got my EGR in channels from Autoanything yesterday, I didn't see the driver drop it but I'll check the packing list .. brb.

Fedex it is.
Thank you. That is the info I was looking for. I also called them, and they said FedEx or UPS, but not USPS. Be nice if they said that up front.

I placed the order, and when I got the order conformation, it said FedEx.

If these work out, I’ll get a set for my Camry, tho the options for the Camry are fewer, and more expensive.

Products Discussed in this Thread