1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What made you buy your first taco?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by InfamousTonyTaco7714, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Aug 2, 2011 at 5:19 AM
    mwtaco

mwtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07DCSB Black
    wanted to impress the salesperson.

2. Aug 2, 2011 at 5:30 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    I was at the NISSAN dealer to see if they could locate a Black 2wd KC. The salesman was a TOTAL MORON and didn't even want to START to look for a truck without a downpayment. I walked out of the dealership and across the street and bought the only Taco on the lot; my 2.7 4x4 manual.

3. Aug 2, 2011 at 7:51 AM
    Outsider

Outsider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCSB Tacoma Off-road Cement AT
    I wanted an MT.
    When i was a kid my parents had a Tacoma pickuP, 4 cyl. Motor, I think it was a Tacoma, like a 94 model or somethin, I loved the ruggedness of it, the large tires, it would go anywhere, snow, mud, water... I had a jeep wrangler, and two ford rangers prior to gettin my Tacoma , and was so unsatisfied with the ford trucks, all the problems I had with them, I knew toyotas were bombproof and held their resale value like no other. Don't get me wrong I loved my jeep, but I could only do so little with it. I test drove many tacomas, and for the money I liked the base model sr5. I have had it for over a year, the motor is starting to produce better fuel mileage, it's smooth, quiet, loads of power, looks great, I put some good tires on it, and now it goes wherever I want it to go! Basically got it because toyotas are... In one word...EPIC!

4. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:11 AM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    i had full sized trucks most of my life and i was getting tired of the upkeep on them (gas, maintenance, repairs, etc..) and i was tired of their size... trying to park them in los angeles was getting annoying. so i wanted a smaller truck and the tacoma was the best choice out of all the makes.

although, i do miss the power, comfort, and cruisability of the full size trucks. but i love my tacoma more for all the other reasons :)

5. Aug 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe They are more like guide lines.

Member:
    All Over
    Vehicle:
    Silver and simple
    Non
    Well I wanted one a few years ago due to liking one my Father in Law had (01 four door). The only thing I did not like was he had the 2wd 4 banger model, but it was a super truck! I had a 2 door Jeep JK and we had another Son on the way, so wifey and myself took a ride to see what was out there and I found a one owner silver TRD sport, with 4 doors and the long bed. I drove it and liked it pretty good. I went home and looked up everything I could think of, and found TW in that search. when I found out there was just as big of a following and support for the Tacoma, I was not worried about anything else. I went back Friday that same week, and began talking money. Drove it again and took it home. I have done other things to it now that have made me like the truck even more, so I am a huge fan and it has been a fun truck to own!

6. Aug 2, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    coolreed

coolreed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reed
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
    Goodyear Wrangler Dura Track Pro Tires, K&N Cold Air Intake, Pedal Commander.
    1. Tacos are built strong.

2. Tacos are the best looking truck made.

3. Tacos are Quick.

4. Tacos last.

5. Tacos are reliable.

6. Tacos are practicle.

7. Tacos have high resale.

Nuff Said?

7. Aug 2, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    8. Taco's come with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes

8. Aug 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    plurpimpin

plurpimpin Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    I wanted one ever since I was alittle kid. Last week the head gasket blew on my '96 camry so it was a good excuse to finally get that tacoma I've always wanted.

I still remember when I was 8 yrs old and we were at the dealer buying that '96 camry that my mom eventually sold to me. I brought home abunch of tacoma brochures and kept saying that's what I wanted to get when I could drive... now I've finally got it.

9. Aug 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    TJay Sr.

TJay Sr. Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TJay
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport
    lift, wheels, tires, intake, exhaust, battery, JBL. Nevada pinstriping
    My dad had one he had ordered, an 06 DC white TRD sport with long bed brand new in 06. I had already moved out. but once I found out about the buy. The vehicle I had "started running funny" and I simply had to borrow his truck to get from point a to b. Even though I had to drive to his house to go pick it up.

I now have a 2007 DC white TRD sport short bed.

10. Aug 2, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    I wanted a truck that would still be running by the time the payments ran out.

11. Aug 2, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    When I was in HS my cousin who lived in CA had a 90 with a 3 inch lift and 32x12.50x16. After I graduated I moved to CA he had a 92 w a 6inch susp lift and a 3 inch body lift w 37's. I bought my first Toyota pick in 97 it was a 94 w low miles 2wd 4 cyl, I lived in TX so didnt need a 4x4. Only added K&N air filter to it way to much for body lift or susp lift. 2008 I got my 05 and was able to get everything I wanted to it fairly cheap and have been happy with it ever since!!! sorry so long winded.......

12. Aug 2, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    My 1st and last truck was a S10 V6 rusted out with wiskey dents all down both sides {bought that way}, needed something to get my dirtbike around. Finally broke down and bought my first toyota in 05, I figured if I was going to spend my money it was gonna be on something nice. Truck has been awesome, I see myself in a taco for a very long time.

13. Aug 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    Best looking and performing 4x4 in it's class.

14. Aug 2, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    jasen7

jasen7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jasen
    Jersey Shore Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 2.7l
    I actually was shopping for a Tundra. While waiting for them to get it ready for me to test drive, I decided to take a Tacoma for a spin and fell in love it! :D

15. Aug 2, 2011 at 6:41 PM
    jsutter

jsutter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Southeast Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Reg. Cab 4cyl 2wd
    cruise and intermittent wipers
    Found one at a good price while I was looking for a newer truck. I wasn't dying for a Tacoma; I think most of the options are pretty good for the midsized truck. I will say that it is a pretty nice vehicle.

16. Aug 3, 2011 at 12:54 AM
    drive.n.surf

drive.n.surf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCSB 4x4 OR
    Bilstein 5100's all around, front @1.75", rear AAL 1.5", TRD CAT-back exhaust, Pop n' Lock, Smittybilt nerfs, Toyota roof racks, Spyder LED tail lights, LED third brake light, Undercover Classic tonneau, color-matched grill, debadged and replaced with Sockmonkey decals
    Bought a truck because hitchhiking is PITA! :D

17. Aug 3, 2011 at 7:12 AM
    yhiki

yhiki Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner

I wanted to step up from a van, but did not want a bigtruck. Test drove several differenttrucks, liked the Tacoma.

18. Aug 3, 2011 at 7:13 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Because roadkill is not as much fun in a Saturn

19. Aug 3, 2011 at 7:23 AM
    PAlittlematty

PAlittlematty "the soulless ginger"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Beech Creek, PA
    Vehicle:
    I miss my taco
    OME Lift, 885 Coils, 13MM Top Spacer, Dakar Leafs, DSM UCAs, Homeroshi Flush Mount Grille, WeatherTech Digifit Mats, Bestop Super Top, Toyota Bed Extender, Clevice Receiver 1990 SR5 3.slow SAS 5” Leafs, high pinion diff, 37” PBRs, MC rear, AP front bumpers, 5.29s, locked
    Bought mine because of the reliability and the beating they take. I don't beat mine but I've seen em do amazing things stock compared to all the others. Plus it was a personal sale from a friend and a damn good deal. '97 ext cab 4wd 4cyl. Paid $5500 for it. 3 payments n sold it back for just under $12k. Bought an '08 sr5 4cyl. Traded it last december for a '11 v6 sport 6speed

20. Aug 3, 2011 at 7:36 AM
    cook416

cook416 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco 4cyl 4x4
    Wheels and tires
    My brother in law ( at the time) was a tech at a Toyota dealership. He had an 88 model, manual,reg cab, that he had let me drive and 4 wheel in the Florida sand. I loved it. When he got ready to buy a bigger truck I purchased his Toyota. I didnt take good care of it but it didnt matter. That truck was a beast.

Products Discussed in

To Top