Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just ordered my lift!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
Kicking Ass Since 1981
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TOYOTA 09's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered my lift!

I have a 2009 4x4 AC and went with the OME kit: 884 coils and top plate spacers, diff drop, rock guards, TSB AAL. Held off on UCA and extended brake lines.... Anyone running this setup without UCA and extended brake lines? Any feedback would be great (how much lift in front and back you got, how the ride is, etc etc.)

I'll post before, install, and after pics next week.

Thanks to all who helped me decide. Took me 2 years to research and decide on a lift!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I have the tsb w/ 1.5 aal. I have the stock lines still. They were tweaked during install, but held up. Just unhook the bracket to give a little extra wiggle room. If you're not doing anything serious off road, you should be fine. I'll still be installing the longer ss lines, just havent been in a rush to have it taken care of.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
nice choice you should be fine with the stock brake lines ome make a great lift for any truck.

you will love it. a fun fact that i did not know until recently ome's shocks both old and new are double walled so if you do happen to dent one it can still function properly hows that for engineering.

arb spends so much time going over stuff it's crazy lol i'm still waiting on there rock steps and rear bumper lol but, i thinks it's gonna be awhile.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA 09 View Post
Will I need upper control arms? If so should I go LR UCA or TC UCA ? Which are better?
I'm no expert, but Toytec claims 884s with top plate spacers yields 3" of lift. I believe the general consensus is anything over 2" should have UCAs.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks ...I'm worried if I put the top plate spacers in I'll be nose high....is this true?
Get Dakars , problem solved

Old 08-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #12
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not true... I was told that the tsb springs AND the tsb aal would give me more lift in the rear than the dakars. I was also told that the dakars were not rated for as much load as the tsb springs AND the tsb aal. Toytec sales rep told me this.
They are smoking acid then

I got 2 3/4 " over my Canadian ( TSB ) 4 leaf pack , and the Dakars carry weight a million times better than the 4 leaf pack did , I should know , I had them from day 1

Edit : I should say I got 2 3/4" total lift , but my springs had sagged a bit , I probably got 2 1/4" over a new 4 leaf pack which would be about 2 3/4" over a stock US 3 leaf pack
Old 08-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
now im confused......you got that just from the tsb or did you ALSO get the toytec tsb aal??

how much rear lift can i expect from the factory TSB leaf pack AND the toytec AAL meant to be used with the tsb factory pack?
My truck is Canadian so I have the 4 leaf ( TSB ) spring pack stock .

I removed it and added the OME Dakars and ended up getting an additional 2 3/4" of lift .

The factory TSB will get you an additional 3/4" over the US stock 3 leaf pack , and if you are adding the 1 1/2" TSB AAL , that would presumably add another 1 1/2" for a total of 2 1/4 " .
Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will be nose high!
No , because the truck starts about 1 1/2" - 2" high in the rear stock .
Old 08-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #17
Kicking Ass Since 1981
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TOYOTA 09's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhhh . Thanks! So I should be close to dead level? If so what are people's thoughts on this? I would think I would want a slight rake so when I load up the boat and tow, I would not be nose high...thoughts?

Also trying to decide about UCA....any help would be great. Trying to figure out if I should go with them or not, and if so which ones: LR or TC? I have seen a few posts about TC UCAs being JUNK! Something about the ball joint rusting out?