Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Forced into trading my Tacoma.......

Old 08-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
trdtacoman31 is on a distinguished road
trdtacoman31's Tacoma Gallery
Forced into trading my Tacoma.......

For the past 6 mos. or more I have been thinking about going full size to better haul around my growing family and pull my boat (even) easier. I have been looking lately only at the Tundra Crew Max and Titan Pro-4x crew cabs.

So, on a fact-finding mission and being a little bored I told my wife I was going to ride to the Nissan dealer and check out a new black Pro-4x Titan CC with leather they had on the lot (MSRP 42,500). To make a long story short it happened to be the last day of the month (did not think of this heading up there) and after trying to leave 3 times, numerous call home to the wife, 6 hours, and about $12k off and Edmunds PP for my tacoma I left with the Pro-4x Titan and sadly said good bye to the taco.

Thanks for all the info over the 1 1/2 years of so... I appreciate it!
I truly will miss being on Tacomaworld!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Enjoy man. I hope it works out for you.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
bozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud of
Firefighter: wildland firefighter
bozotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures??
Old 08-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
My dad drives the Titan and says he will never own anything else, you got an awesome truck!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
See you back here in a year . Congrats on the new truck. Feel free to post pics
Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #8
trdtacoman31 is on a distinguished road
trdtacoman31's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the positive responses guys! I will snap some pics in the morning and post them.

BTW, I was testing the upload photos feature right before this post and forgot to delete my test pic before posting (it was a pic of my wife and daughter on the boat). Luckily I was able to delete that post or I'm sure you guys would have been really confused.

Anyway, I'll post pics of the truck in the morning!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! I've driven titans before and I like them
Old 08-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #10
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Don't post no more, leave.

Jk .... your choice, good luck.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #12
backtrack is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
backtrack's Tacoma Gallery
I owned a Titan for 6 years and got 176k trouble free miles out of it before trading it in on a jeep wrangler, had that 6 not trouble free months before trading that for the Tacoma. Owned a 98 Tacoma back in the day and was looking forward to another.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #14
ZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really nice

Name: John
ZZBlueComet's Tacoma Gallery
Titan's a fine truck, I've always liked big F150's and I had a small Nissan hardbody truck to drive to work for 7 years, was a great little truck.

My only conern about the Titan is the gas, they drink it live you can't believe. Besides that, great truck - best of luck.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #15
backtrack is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
backtrack's Tacoma Gallery
Agree on the gas, averaged 14mpg day to day and 9 while hauling our camper. Made it easy to trade the camper in on an RV that only got 7 mpg.

Mpg aside, I'd own another Titan, was just ready for something smaller.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #16
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the Titan! Nissan makes a good product, we've had many in our family, including three Maximas! When I was looking at big trucks three years ago, I was going to consider that but it wasn't a very pretty truck at the time.

Can't wait to see the pics!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #17
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
congrads... but ya don't have to leave ya just wont be able to share some of the mods.....
Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #19
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
"Tacoma owners and ENTHUSIASTS"
You have teh Bob's permission to stay on his lawn.
shhhhh..............we don't say his name..... for he may hear ya.....
Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #20
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
congrads... but ya don't have to leave ya just wont be able to share some of the mods.....
Sure he can! Lets help him turn it into a Tacoma on steroids!!