Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tonneu Cover! for 07?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
Critter is on a distinguished road

Critter's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Tonneu Cover! for 07?

I just bought a 07 4x4 Tacoma Crew Cab 5' bed with roof rack. It has the bed liner with with the adjustable sliding load ties near top of bed. Looks like installing a Tonneu cover with this in place will be a problem! Does anybody know if anybody makea a cover for this truck equipted this way. I hate to order a cover and have to ship it back cause it won't work! Any info,advise is appreciated!

PS Came over to Tacoma from 06 4x4 Frontier KC,I like this TOY alot!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what kind of cover you are looking for.

I am partial to hinged soft covers, so that is what I can answer from. On my 04 I had I a Sportmaster hinged cover. That will NOT work on the gen II beds. A Sportmaster regular soft cover will mount fine, but for some reason they have had 3 years now to figure out the mounting for the gas shocks and can't do it.

So on my 07 I have an Extang Full Tilt soft cover. This mounts up to the gen II beds very nicely, permits use of the factory cleats still, and is in many respects nicer than the sportmaster.

Expect to pay in the $400.00 range for either.

Just my $0.02
Old 06-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #3
sgoveas is on a distinguished road

sgoveas's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone with an Extang Trifecta soft cover?? I was thinking of getting one when my Taco arrives. What are your opinions on it?
are there any fitment issues with the short bed?
Old 06-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #4
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Agricover Access LE. http://www.agricover.com/

Check the videos.

The Access Lorado is nice too, but it's so low profile that only the mini-cleats can be used. With the Access LE you can use the stock cleats.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:19 AM   #5

Critter's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
Agricover Access LE. http://www.agricover.com/

Check the videos.

The Access Lorado is nice too, but it's so low profile that only the mini-cleats can be used. With the Access LE you can use the stock cleats.
Thats the problem the sliding cleat system has rail 2" from top of bed, looks like it would interfer with most cover installations! Also the bedliner blocks access from using mounting clamps you would have to cut holes to use them! Not an option with me! If the lip of frame is 2' or more I might be able to use self tapping screw to hold it in place! I'm in hurry at present so I'll just look and listen to feedback and do some Web Surfing! Thanks for Help!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #6
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

That's what I'm saying. Get the Access LE. Your cleats will work perfectly if you get the LE. It doesn't use clamps that get in the way. It's mounting system fits behind the rail.

If you get the Lorado then the cleats won't work. I like the low profile of the Lorado though.

But anyway, take a look at the Access LE. Read through this thread. It's mostly about the Lorado, but there is also some pics of the LE. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t118926.html
Old 06-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #7
A2Mich is on a distinguished road

A2Mich's Tacoma Gallery
The Lund Genesis tonneau covers work well.......

The Lund Genesis covers work well and come with clamps that slide right into the rails, and still allow full use of the tie down cleats....bought mine for like $200 from AutoAnything.com

Hope this helps...
Old 06-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #8
kngharley is on a distinguished road

kngharley's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Snug Top on my 07 Taco Sport they use the rails for mounting It works very well!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #9
midV6size is on a distinguished road
midV6size's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I currently have a A.R.E. LS II lid on my truck, but after getting the lid, I don't care for it now that I've had one on for a while. Your restricted on what you can haul in the back of your truck, height wise!!
Next truck, I'll be getting one of these, a Torza top!! Here's a link.

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...torza_tops.htm
Old 06-11-2007, 04:20 AM   #10

Critter's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Folding Covers!

I've seen a few of them and I like the idea,it gives you bed access without much hassle and goes back down just as easy. I may explore and research it to see if one would work on my 07!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #11
kaisersteiner is on a distinguished road
kaisersteiner's Tacoma Gallery
tonneau cover for 07

The "Lund Genesis Seal & Peel Tonneau Cover" says it requires removal of the rails but A2mich says it does not. Can we confirm that? I would like to order one but do not want to remove the rails as I do use them quite often.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #12
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Once I find that money tree, I am looking at getting a BAKFlip Tonneau cover from AutoAnything.com...

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-...A2808A0A0.aspx

Old 06-11-2007, 12:29 PM   #13

Critter's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Bak Folder is SWEET!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Once I find that money tree, I am looking at getting a BAKFlip Tonneau cover from AutoAnything.com...

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-...A2808A0A0.aspx

But Dam the price about 600 bucks give or take and thats for my 07 5 ft bed.
Well this maybe my last p/u and if I look at it that way the extra $$$ maybe worth it over the next whatever! It is a very nice cover!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #14
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
But Dam the price about 600 bucks give or take and thats for my 07 5 ft bed.
Well this maybe my last p/u and if I look at it that way the extra $$$ maybe worth it over the next whatever! It is a very nice cover!
Don't get me wrong - I am DEFINITELY looking out for the money tree.

My father-in-law had one of these on his 02' Silverado. It was strong enough to strap a bunch of stuff on top of it, and secure enough that he left his tank inspection equipment in there...

I figure, if I am going to get a tonneau cover, I am going to get one that is everything I need: strong, durable, secure, quiet, good looking, and most importantly - easily removable (I want to use my truck bed whenever without taking off a one piece hard top)...
Old 06-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #15
Sneakers is on a distinguished road
Sneakers's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Tonneau cover

I purchased an Access Limited Edition cover from www.truckalterations.com The price was less than $400.00 shipped. Easy install, able to use the stock tiedown cleats. Probably best of all lifetime warranty and no snaps. This cover uses hook and loop fasteners to hold the cover down.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:07 AM   #16
Mod Master

^ That's where I bought mine, and lots of other guys on Toyota Nation. Everybody loves the Access covers.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #17
confuzzed2 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Public Affairs
confuzzed2's Tacoma Gallery
I've got to jump on the Access band wagon as well! I love my LE! Thanks to PB and others I was easily persuaded. My 07 sport DC thanks them as well.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #18
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Stay away from the Bakflip. It's junk. I have one and regret getting it. I've spent more time gluing the pos back together....spend your money on something better. Go with a fold a cover if you want a folding cover.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t135474.html
Old 06-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #19

Critter's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
Stay away from the Bakflip. It's junk. I have one and regret getting it. I've spent more time gluing the pos back together....spend your money on something better. Go with a fold a cover if you want a folding cover.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t135474.html
Thanks Steve I'll heed your advice>
Old 06-13-2007, 03:40 PM   #20
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
i have the roll top cover and it was an install for me it is also an extang brand. i like the roll top because i can fit alot on my truck bed unlike the trifecta i know some people bought you can't fit alot of items on your truck bed hope this helps oh and no drilling required.

Products Discussed in this Thread