1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got an awesome deal today!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kcrob1, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Aug 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 [OP] Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    I got a set of 295/70-17 nitto trail grapplers... No patches, plugs, and have 12/32's tread on them. I PAID $300 For them :yay:. Now all I have is adj. billys, and fj cruiser 17" wheels. What needs to be done to make them fit? I am looking into aal and take the shocks up to 2.5", but is that enough on the factory wheels? If I can't fit them the manager at my tire store said he would trade me for a new set of grabber at2 but still may repost for more.

Edit: I don't offroad but I do catch myself flexing sometimes driving through ditches or things like that every once in a while. Guess that would have to stop...

2. Aug 3, 2011 at 6:40 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 [OP] Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    Thats what I am scared of. Don't care about a cab mount chop just ripping my flares off when I turn. If it will even turn haha

3. Aug 3, 2011 at 7:20 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 [OP] Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    What are you running for a lift?

4. Aug 3, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 [OP] Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    It says down to 7.5" on the website I don't want to get to high though. Oh well I will test fit them in the morning and hope they can make it work. If not I'll just trade them for a brand new set of grabbers...

5. Aug 4, 2011 at 4:03 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 [OP] Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Sold the tires 30 minutes before I picked them up for $850!!!!

6. Aug 4, 2011 at 4:16 PM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    that pretty killer

altho i kinda wanted to see them on you truck

7. Aug 4, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 [OP] Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    We were going to try but those things were f-ing huge!!! No way they were going to fit without at least a 4". They made 285's look small.

Products Discussed in

To Top