Notices

LED bulbs

Old 08-04-2011, 04:59 AM   #1
sleevenspindle is on a distinguished road

Marines: Sgt. Marine One Helicopter Squadron
Name: Tom
sleevenspindle's Tacoma Gallery
LED bulbs

Anyone replace any bulbs with LED's? I've replaced some lights, but after awhile the LED's start to flicker. Anyone know of any manufacturers that have bulbs that last longer? Love the look. I just hate how often I need to replace them. Thanks guys.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #2
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you purchase them from?
Old 08-04-2011, 05:23 AM   #3
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
SuperBrightLEDs.com
Old 08-04-2011, 05:25 AM   #4
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
I have always bought mine from autolumination.com and they've lasted. Not sure if it's a voltage regulation thing or what.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
LEDs should last a very long time. I replaced my maps, and dome with LED panels, and my LP lights with LED bulbs. No flickering except the dome when its dimming.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #8

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
mine are from superbrightleds as well... i got the amber 12led for the DTRL white leds for the map lights and a festoon led bulb for the dome... ive replaced my DTRL with a yellow bulb and my map and domes with LED panels, i can sell you my old ones if you want. nothing wrong with them
I think you mean you swapped your parking lights instead of DTRL....did the 12 head version fit through that hole?? I mean I'm assuming they did since you put them in there but it had to be tight.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
sir you are correct... i meant the parking lights... haha. and yup, it fitted thru the hole just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icepuck72 View Post
I think you mean you swapped your parking lights instead of DTRL....did the 12 head version fit through that hole?? I mean I'm assuming they did since you put them in there but it had to be tight.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #10
FY01CPO is on a distinguished road

Navy: Machinist's Mate
Name: Jeremy
FY01CPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
sir you are correct... i meant the parking lights... haha. and yup, it fitted thru the hole just fine
DAMN! I was hoping you found something that wouldn't flicker in there. I don't want to mess with a relay or load resistor, etc.

Anyway, I replaced my maps, dome, and license plate lights with LEDs I got off Amazon. They have all worked perfectly too! I also added LED lights for a "fighter pilot" mod and lights to the center console and glove box. They are in my gallery.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #11
sleevenspindle is on a distinguished road

Marines: Sgt. Marine One Helicopter Squadron
Name: Tom
sleevenspindle's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your quick responses guys. I bought mine off of Ebay. Probably one of those "you get what you pay for" things. I replaced my dome, map, brake, upper brake and license plate bulbs with LED's. The only ones that did not start to flicker was the dome. Had I known the 2009 Tacomas would have come with tail LED's I would have waited. Also they have that great charcoal color that they didn't make for the 2008's. Oh well. Thanks again.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #12
FY01CPO is on a distinguished road

Navy: Machinist's Mate
Name: Jeremy
FY01CPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta_taco View Post
I did my DTRL/ signals with 360 degree LED's had to install the load leveling resistors in parallel I believe they are 10w ratings fixed the hyper flash issue. SUPER easy to install the resistors i can fire up some pics if needed.
YES PLEASE!!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #13
reiss91 is on a distinguished road
reiss91's Tacoma Gallery
ive got a set of v-led switchback bulbs in my front DTRL/Turn Signal lights. Tapped 12v power from amber corner light that is on in position 1 and 2 of the light switch. Also had to wire in a Load Resistor in parralell with the LED to fix the hyper flash.

White when the corner lights are on and they switch to amber and blink for turn signal. Also did Fog Light Mod and can have the fogs on anytime. Just with the lights off they will be on, in parking lights they will be on, high beam they are on.

With my 55W 8K DDM headlights and 35W 8K fogs on at the same time I can literally see every thing vividly.

Also I noticed the headlights seems lowered a little after switch to these bulbs up top. Maybe they modified the bulb to compensate for beam scatter? i definitely didn't adjust it.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:59 AM   #14
nevenelestate has a spectacular aura aboutnevenelestate has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: F-16 Avionics Tech 01-07
Name: Andrew
nevenelestate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjunkie View Post
map lights, dome light, and license plate are all led from superbrightleds.com No flickering problems.
What are the sizes? i want to swap out the map and dome bulbs

**edit - SuperbrightLEDs.com has a handy dandy tool that tells you all the sizes
here is the link for 2011 tacoma http://www.superbrightleds.com/vehic...tacoma/62/1052

I too buy all my LED bulbs from superbright and have never had my issues, used them for my past three cars and my motorcycles