Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

aftermarket skid plate that fits with westin bull bar??

Old 08-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
taylor.hagens is on a distinguished road
Name: taylor
taylor.hagens's Tacoma Gallery
aftermarket skid plate that fits with westin bull bar??

like the title sys im trying to find an aftermarket skid plate for my 08 tacoma that will fit while i have my westin bull bar on..any suggestions?
Old 08-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, take off the bull bar and put on an ATO skid.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Yeah, take off the bull bar and put on an ATO skid.
I 2nd this.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
ALLPRO makes good skids, they are trail proven and I love mine. I have a AVID light bar that bolts on just like a westin bar and my ALL-PRO bolts right up.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #5
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
ALLPRO makes good skids, they are trail proven

Which trails?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Which trails?
Pretty much all of them. All-pro has been around for 15 years and makes some wicked rig. I have had mine on a half dozen or so here in Arizona and there are a lot of people around that have them. The other plus is they are 1/4" steel instead of 3/8" so unless your going for a fullblown hard core trail rig they save you a little weight and hold up great. Dont let people tell you that they are not as touch because they arent as thick, they are plenty tough.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Pretty much all of them. All-pro has been around for 15 years and makes some wicked rig. I have had mine on a half dozen or so here in Arizona and there are a lot of people around that have them. The other plus is they are 1/4" steel instead of 3/8" so unless your going for a fullblown hard core trail rig they save you a little weight and hold up great. Dont let people tell you that they are not as touch because they arent as thick, they are plenty tough.
Actually, last I heard, they're 7 gauge steel, and some people have measured thinner using mics.

As for my opinions on All-Pro, you must not have been here very long.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
Quote:
Actually, last I heard, they're 7 gauge steel, and some people have measured thinner using mics.

No, I have been around a while and read many people's opinions of All-pro and many others. But opinions are subjective and they are like assholes, everyone has one, no one wants to hear them, and the other guys always stinks.

And as for your opinion, you must have been around long to assume I care!!! LoL Not ragging you man, I am messing with you. I did read everyone's opinions for months. I even re-asked again just like everyone hates.

That being said, I have seen people with many kinds of armor (including all-pro) and based on what I have seen, peoples opinions, and what I needed I made the decision that all-pro was the best option for me.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
Quote:

Also, the used to use 7 gauge steel, last I heard they were switching from 7 gauge steel to a US provided 1/4" steel. Regaurdless, I have no complaints about them nor has anyone I know that has them. I know someone somewhere has bad experiances with them but thats par for the course with anything. I am happy with them and ultimately thats all that matters.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
Mason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to behold
Mason04's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am new to the Tacoma world. I have a brand new 2011 DC OR 4x4 that came with the skid plate already on it (aluminum). I am curious if i can put the westin bull bar on there without having to take off my skid plate and put theirs on instead. Does anyone know if the bull bar is able to be put on their with the skid plate in the below pic. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
aftermarket skid plate that fits with westin bull bar??-new-skid-plate.jpg  
Old 08-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
Sporty_Taco is on a distinguished road
Sporty_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, you can put the bull bar on without having to taking off the skid plate.