Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Prerunner in Snow

Old 08-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
Mike8016 is on a distinguished road
Mike8016's Tacoma Gallery
Prerunner in Snow

I usually go to Lake Tahoe with my friends in the Winter. I was wondering if i drove my Prerunner could i make it up there?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8016 View Post
I usually go to Lake Tahoe with my friends in the Winter. I was wondering if i drove my Prerunner could i make it up there?
just make sure there is AT LEAST 1 well equipped 4wd vehicle with you and you should be fine
Old 08-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
baja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

baja820's Tacoma Gallery
Chains and don't get crazy.... should be ok.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
sure, bring chains.

i never put my truck in 4wd in snow. unless its really needed (very very rare) mostly to pull out snow noobs. Good snow tires go a long way, like duratracs. 200lbs in the back makes a huge difference. drive like theres an egg between your foot and gas pedal
Old 08-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
Caltanian
Umrunner is on a distinguished road

Umrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes is the simple answer
carry chains. go slow. make sure your tires are in good shape.
i lived in mt for years, only used my 4x4 a few times a winter. its not some incredible thing. you can still loose traction just as easily in 4x4.

common sense and slowing down do wonders in the winter.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
just make sure there is AT LEAST 1 well equipped 4wd vehicle with you and you should be fine
people make it in 2wd camrys why would he need a well equiped 4x4 to go with him?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
people make it in 2wd camrys why would he need a well equiped 4x4 to go with him?
because in my few years of offroading my prerunner, ive found that having another vehicle with you is better than chains, straps, or even a winch.

what if he gets stuck and has nothing to hook a come-along or winch to?
just my personal opinion just like any of the other posters
Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #8

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
because in my few years of offroading my prerunner, ive found that having another vehicle with you is better than chains, straps, or even a winch.

what if he gets stuck and has nothing to hook a come-along or winch to?
just my personal opinion just like any of the other posters
not meant confrontational. I think he meant just going to tahoe, not offroading in tahoe in the snow

i could be wrong
Old 08-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
not meant confrontational. I think he meant just going to tahoe, not offroading in tahoe in the snow

i could be wrong
no offense taken man, but the second you start your vehicle, you never know what will happen so i find it better to be over prepared, than under prepared.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #10
Quote:

i could be wrong
I meant just going to Tahoe. How are bridgestone tires in the snow?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #11

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I meant just going to Tahoe. How are bridgestone tires in the snow?
what bridgestones?

potenzas suck in the snow
Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #12
Quote:
what bridgestones?

potenzas suck in the snow
Bridgestone Duelers. How are those?