Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

goodyear duratracs..or goodyear mtr w/ kevlar?

Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
goodyear duratracs..or goodyear mtr w/ kevlar?

cant decided which to go with..i will be paying $600 for either of them. just wanted to know which is better between the two. thanks in advance!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Flip a coin.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
mtrs

the duratracs are a softer tire compound and seem to wear faster
Old 08-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'll be letting you know how long my Duratracs last.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I'll be letting you know how long my Duratracs last.
im at 20k on mine and they are more than half gone...starting to get louder and they chunk real bad offroad

Ninorth has about 45k on his and they are shot

the mtrs are harder and on my last truck i got 65k out of the old ones. the new ones have same rubber compound just different tread than the old ones.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #7
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks guys for the input! decisions..dicisions
Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #8

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
If you ever plan on driving in snow...Duratracs....if not IDK.

What I do know is mtr's blow in the snow from what a local guy I fully trust told me. Duratracs are the only snow rated AT I know of.

Oh and I have 30k on mine and they are A-OK and hoping to get another 20k out of them at this pace...not sure I know anyone running mtr's with 50k on them where I know plenty of people with Duratracs who have.
i notice that friends in ny have way better luck than here. with the heat and high uv index in socal, the highways get super hot and it sometimes sounds like my tires are velcro melting on the 91 or 10 through the desert

maybe the heat helps them wear faster
Old 08-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
I'm almost at 5k on my 285s Duratracs, look good so far.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #10
SoCal Reppin

do these tires come with the blacked out letterings also? im not into the white letterings, if not o well...i can live with it for $600
Old 08-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #11
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Yes they do, all you gotta do is install them white letters in.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #12

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepLONGBEACH View Post
do these tires come with the blacked out letterings also? im not into the white letterings, if not o well...i can live with it for $600
where are you getting them for 600?

they have black on one side and white on the other
Old 08-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #13
SoCal Reppin

i have a buddy thats a manager @ goodyear, so he's hookin me up
Old 08-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #14
ATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud of
Army:
ATriplett513's Tacoma Gallery
It's up to you, but it depends on what you'll be driving on. The duratracs are good all season truck tires. The MT/R K's are amazing for everything, I sound biased I know, but as soon as they came out the Jeeping community went nuts. I've been on several runs with other vehicles that were equipped with 35"+ MT/R K's and I've been blown away by their performance.

However, if you've got a pavement queen get the duratracs. They'll have less road noise and I'd guess they would last longer. The MT/R K's are definitely off road tires and good in every type of terrain as long as the vehicle they're attached to can take it.

My .02
Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #16
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
mtr's are directional and should only be mounted white out
I'm talking about

Duratracs
Old 08-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #20
ATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud of
Army:
ATriplett513's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You like them in the snow? My buddy was all over the place in them. I only have his opinion to go off of thought.
I've never owned them personally, but I've been behind rigs with them and they never were squirrelly. But like I said, it could all depend on the vehicle using them. One of the offroading mags did a great article about the MT/R K's when they first came out and their test vehicle was a 1st Gen Tacoma. They gave it high ratings.

But, snow conditions really vary so I couldn't say for sure what conditions your friend was in v. what I've seen, you know?