LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ride Heights

Old 08-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
jdub is on a distinguished road
jdub's Tacoma Gallery
Ride Heights

So i'm trying to figure something out. I've searched around and it says that the prerunner sr5 height is the same as a prerunner sr5 with trd package. I'm curious because every time i pull up next to a tacoma with the trd package...it always seems to be higher? Reason why i ask is because i'm looking to get a 3" procomp suspension lift and i'm wondering if getting the lift will make my ride height higher than a taco with the trd package? or will it be the same. Sorry if this sounds like a noob-ish question but i'm curious!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
most likely tire size... also your suspension could possibly be blown... my dad has an 05 DC tacoma and i have an 09reg cab and mine sits higher than his. we have the same size tires but mine are ATs while his are HT tires
Old 08-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
most likely tire size... also your suspension could possibly be blown... my dad has an 05 DC tacoma and i have an 09reg cab and mine sits higher than his. we have the same size tires but mine are ATs while his are HT tires
true that X2
Old 08-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You have the same coils and leaf springs on your SR5 as a TRD Sport. The suspension in your '08 might have sagged quite a bit as mentioned above.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
jdub's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm right now my tire size is 265 65 r17's
Old 08-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
jdub's Tacoma Gallery
Also is a 3 in lift put my truck higher than a truck with the Trd package?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
Also is a 3 in lift put my truck higher than a truck with the Trd package?
Your truck when it was in it's new form was the same height as one with the TRD package. If you're lower now, it's because your suspension has sagged. That being said, any lift would put you higher than a TRD package equipped Tacoma. The only difference between the TRD and a non-TRD is the shocks and the sway bar (as far as suspension is concerned, there are other mechanical differences). The coils and leaf springs are identical to those that came on a TRD Sport.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #9
GreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the roughGreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the roughGreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the rough
Army:
GreatBasinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
a 3" will put you higher than a stock trd. as previously mentioned suspension is the same except the shocks.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #10
GreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the roughGreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the roughGreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the rough
Army:
GreatBasinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
beat me too it, but yes
Old 08-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #11
jdub's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys! that was plenty of help. that's another reason why i love this forum!