Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma packages

Old 10-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
thomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the rough
Army:
thomasr1950's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma packages

I'm trying to get more info. on the 09 Tacoma pkgs. I see where the SR5 w/JBL is about $900 more than the other SR5 pkg. One web site says something about a phone but i don't see a phone in the pkg on other web sites including toyota.com. That's seeems to be a high price for a radio/cd changer even though it has XM in it & a sub woofer.
Another question i have is on driving lights. I thought i saw on a web site that they are included on the SR5 pkgs. I've been to a lot of web sites getting prices & trying to decide what i want, now i'm confused. Can anyone help on those 2 questions? toyota.com doesn't give much info. I don't like going to a dealer & getting hounded by sales reps.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
flyjbaker will become famous soon enough

flyjbaker's Tacoma Gallery
Your best reference would be the little Tacoma booklet that you would get at a dealership. I am shopping hard for a particular Tacoma that doesn't exist so I am gonna have to order it. ANyway, to answer your first question....it is not a "phone", it is a Bluetooth sync to your Bluetooth enabled phone so you can talk on YOUR phone over the trucks stereo system...totally hands free and wireless. If all you want is a 6 disc CD "changer", you can get that without the JBL system for 200 bucks. The bottom line is, what do you want? If you have a tendency to modify your sound systems, then get the base system. If you don't jack with that stuff and you like to listen to decent tunes, maybe the JBL is worth it....it will be to me.

What exactly is your second question....are you referring to daytime running lights?....I think those are included in SR5.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
thomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the rough
Army:
thomasr1950's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma pkgs.

yes i was wondering about the drl, if it was included in the SR5 pkg. As far as the jbl system goes, yes i think it would be worth the extra $'s. I have an 08 Accord with XM & Bluetooth & love both.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 AM   #4

DRL are strictly an option and not part of any package....as far as I can tell. It may be one of those deals where all the trucks come pre-wired for them and all you would have to do is install them and connect the wires....or maybe the dealer would do that.....
Old 10-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #5
09tacoma is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
09tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i was told that all the pkg i was looking at like the trd and sr5 pkgs are all built with day time running lights so you have to get them. I think they cost 40 bucks so it isnt to bad.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
the drl is a standard w/ the 09's...same as rollside curtain airbags, auto lsd, and vsc/trac, depending on the model
Old 10-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #7

I don't think they are standard. I am shopping heavily and every time I have seen them, they are itemized all by themselves for $40.00. If you look in the Tacoma pamphlet....same deal....optional only and not part of a package. Anyway, certain regional distributors order their trucks a certain way and maybe yours always order them that way. But I am willing to bet you still pay for them seperately. ANyway, because of how cheap they are.....that is why I was thinking it may just be an activation type of scenario since they use the blinkers anyway(I am not sure about that). They just flip a switch or plug a plug and voila, they are 40 bucks richer.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #8
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
My '09 does not have DRL. It's just a plugin harness though, and I think it costs ~$40 if you want to do it yourself.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #9
Rickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Pilot
Name: Rick
Rickochet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
the drl is a standard w/ the 09's...same as rollside curtain airbags, auto lsd, and vsc/trac, depending on the model
I just bought an '09 Taco last week and it did not come with DRL's. There is a thread in the Tech Forum on how to add them. I involves changing the flasher relay and jumper. The kicker is you have to unbolt the fuse box to get to them.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...stall-oem.html
Old 10-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #10
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
I just bought an '09 Taco last week and it did not come with DRL's. There is a thread in the Tech Forum on how to add them. I involves changing the flasher relay and jumper. The kicker is you have to unbolt the fuse box to get to them.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...stall-oem.html
There's another way to do it that's listed in the cheap/free mods thread that seems pretty simple:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post45435