1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed Smittybuilt nerf bars

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FY01CPO, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Aug 7, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    FY01CPO

FY01CPO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    CT
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    black tube steps, side marker turn signals, 15% tint and window strip, EGR vent shades, fighter pilot/cockpit mod, console and glove box auto on LED, anytime fog light mod, 3000k HID fogs, bed mat wing nut mod, locking bed storage bin mod, smoked tail lights, plasti-dipped rims, blacked out emblems, black tail pipe, tail gate hose clamp, rear seat utility/dog shelf with rear center console access door.
    Got me some Smittybuilts off Amazon and installed them today ($150, free shipping). They came out really good and even the bottom edge of my wife's SUV door hits them. Not that this will protect me from everyone though. They are a decent distance below and away from the cab so it will help with people getting in the truck too.

Overall I love them and, IMO, they add a little bit of completeness to the truck in that spot.

They installed super easy and the instructions were spot on and everything was labeled for the correct side. I plan to use some locktight on the threads to help protect and secure them. I hope the brackets and bolts hold up to the CT winters though. Only time will tell. There's always Plasti-Dip!! :D J/k

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aug 7, 2011 at 1:10 PM
    GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers //TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '14 TRD DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    265/70/17 BFG KO2/17"x7" Pro Sema Wheels/OME 884/Bilstein 5100 front & rear/HeadStrong 1/4" TP spacer/Deaver 1.5"-2" AAL/Mud-Flap delete/Westin Bed mat/UltraGauge/ WeatherTechs/AFE Pro Dry Drop in Filter/debadged/AVS in-channel window visors/color-matched OEM grille/Kicker 6.75" Components in front door/Alpine KTP-445U power pack behind factory head unit/
    i dig em

3. Aug 7, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    looking good :)

4. Aug 7, 2011 at 1:20 PM
    Old Soul

Old Soul Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    09 AC V6 SR5 2WD SWB
    not to many, love it the way it is
    Really nice, like the black look,they do not stand out to much. You might like the "trim the front mud flap mod" it really helps the look of the flaps up front. I think they stick down 3" more than the back ones in general. I measured off the ground at the rear flaps and duplicated that measurement on the front ones and trimmed them with tin snips to get a more even look, and not drag a curb if you want to mall crawl:)

5. Aug 7, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    redezman

redezman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Raleigh N.C
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner SR5 4x4
    All Factory for now, LOVE it that way
    sharp man, very nice, i like them better then my factory ones

Products Discussed in