Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Squeaky Clutch pedal

Old 08-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
mcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mcgiiver's Tacoma Gallery
Squeaky Clutch pedal

Wondering what others have done to eliminate the squeaking, creaking clutch pedals. I thought I solved it with some teflon dry lube spray on the return spring, but the problem came back. I am starting to think the noise is coming from the master cylinder plunger.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey this just recently happened to me also so I am interested in hearing ideas as well. Subscribed. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
Take it to the dealer... no, I am not kidding. My '09 had a squeaky clutch pedal that was driving me CRAZY. I'd spray lube in there between the two plastic pieces that were squeaking and it would go away for a couple weeks or a month, but it would always come back. I played with the adjustment of the pivot by loosening it up or tightening it up. I played with the gap in between the plastic pieces. NOTHING helped.

Finally I took it in and demonstrated to the service writer what it was doing... he said no, it wasn't normal. They found that the PLASTIC pivot bushings were cracked, other parts and pieces needed replacing, and they found some weird corrosion on the slave cylinder shaft that should not have been there.

Bottom line is, they replaced everything having anything to do with the pivot (including the clutch pedal itself) , AND they put in a new slave cylinder. The clutch is unbelievably smoother now and takes half the effort to push. Never knew it was supposed to be so nice. All covered by warranty in my case.

Don't be fooled... as the clutch feel gets worse, you get used to it and don't realize how bad it is.