Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

getting tsb rear done ?? about lift

Old 08-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
coop1212 is on a distinguished road

coop1212's Tacoma Gallery
getting tsb rear done ?? about lift

stock 34 in in front and 35 1/2 rear now. tsb will add 1in to 1 3/4 . so what so i need to add in front as far as lift to make look right?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
i did the TSB about 1 year ago. at that time i also changed out all my shocks to Bilstein 5100's. The front shocks can be adjusted i set them to 0.85" of lift and it looks good. it still sits higer in back, after a few months the rear TSB springs settled down to just under 1" of lift.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
With the TSB, Billies need to be set a 1.75" to be close to level. .85" will still leave her ass high.

Without TSB .85 is level.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #4
Damaged Goods
ag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ag4892's Tacoma Gallery
Been wondering the same thing. I am going with either eibach coils and 5100 set to '0' for 1.6 in lift or OME 885 coils and shocks for 1.75 lift. when the TSB settles more I will do an AAL in the back with new shocks. the 5100 route seems to be a little cheaper. Now if I could just afford new tires......
Old 08-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
adjust billies depending on your rear leaf pack to level out
w/ rear tsb= 1.75
no rear tsb= .85
Old 08-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #6
Bolt79 is on a distinguished road

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Getting rear TSB done right now! Will be ordering billies later today and plan to set the fronts at 1.75. Also, having 17x8 Pro Comp 8089's with Duratrac 265-70-17's installed tomorrow!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
I had the TSB done last week, and didn't get any lift out of them, well maybe a 1/4". The rear measured 36.5 to the bottom of the fender over the center of the wheel before.

I'm putting the 5100's set at zero and the eibachs on this weekend.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
I had the TSB done last week, and didn't get any lift out of them, well maybe a 1/4". The rear measured 36.5 to the bottom of the fender over the center of the wheel before.

I'm putting the 5100's set at zero and the eibachs on this weekend.
Did you count the leafs and actually make sure you have 4 now instead of 3? I've heard of them doing this TSB and not actually swapping out the leafs. Going from an old 3 to a new 4 ... it shouldn't be possible to not lift the truck at least 3/4"
Old 08-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #9
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, it's the 4 leaf pack with much thicker leafs.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #10
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW , the TSB pack is 4 shitty leafs instead of 3 shitty leafs .

It will get you 3/4" of lift after settling .
Old 08-10-2011, 08:30 AM   #11
coop1212 is on a distinguished road

coop1212's Tacoma Gallery
so i need to wait and let rear settle after tsb gets done.then look into lift at later date. it will give me some time to save up anyway!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
As far as making it 'look right' you don't need to do anything. A lot of people have the TSB done and keep everything stock. It adds a little bit of rake but I didn't think it was too much personally. I was stock in the front with a TSB rear for almost 3 years and recently went with Eibachs and an AAL.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #13
TacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoDawgs's Tacoma Gallery
I don't understand why my back end sits so much higher than everyone else. I'm getting the TSB done today, and before it measures 34'' in front and 36.5'' in back. I'll measure this afternoon to see what the TSB does to it. What could make me sit so much higher without the extra leaf pack? I don't think I have blocks in the rear but where would they be and how do I check that?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgs View Post
I don't understand why my back end sits so much higher than everyone else. I'm getting the TSB done today, and before it measures 34'' in front and 36.5'' in back. I'll measure this afternoon to see what the TSB does to it. What could make me sit so much higher without the extra leaf pack? I don't think I have blocks in the rear but where would they be and how do I check that?
If you had blocks they'd be between the leaf pack and the axle.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #15

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
TSB properly completed. Definitely lifted the rear-end. Saw the invoice and it stated $1695.00 for parts, labor, and alignment. Wow! Can't beat that for free!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #16
upnadam is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
upnadam's Tacoma Gallery
It's TSB Day evidently. Mech on break right now it seems. Having them put 5100's I provided (thanks DownSouth) set at 1.75 also.
Attached Thumbnails
getting tsb rear done ?? about lift-tsb.jpg  
Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #17

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I wish I'd already had the 5100's...now I'll be paying extra for another alignment.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #18
TacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
If you had blocks they'd be between the leaf pack and the axle.

Thanks. I don't have blocks so does anyone have an idea of why I sit so high? I'm eventually gonna add 5100s and I was going to set them at 1.75 to level me out, but I may have to go 2.5 since my rear already sits so high.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #19
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgs View Post
Thanks. I don't have blocks so does anyone have an idea of why I sit so high? I'm eventually gonna add 5100s and I was going to set them at 1.75 to level me out, but I may have to go 2.5 since my rear already sits so high.
The truck has never had any weight in the back or been used to tow anything ?

Measure centre of hub to underside of fender front and back , what you get ?
Old 08-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The truck has never had any weight in the back or been used to tow anything ?

Measure centre of hub to underside of fender front and back , what you get ?

I haven't towed anything yet with it but I don't know about a previous owner. I bought it used a couple months ago. 2008 DC TRD OR 4x4 w/33k miles. I let you know the measurement when I get home from work. I measured before from the ground to the fender through the center of each hub and that's when I got the 34 front, 36.5 rear.