Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

peeling paint

Old 08-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Marshall is on a distinguished road
Marshall's Tacoma Gallery
peeling paint

2010 Tacoma front bumper paint peeling off. Is anyone else having this issue?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Still under warranty?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
bkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to all

Name: Dave
bkrdave36's Tacoma Gallery
My 06 is peeling around the front grille. Not warrantied as i'm 2nd owner. I'm just letting it peel. I figure if thats all that is wrong with the truck I'm good.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
pics????
Old 08-12-2011, 04:15 AM   #7
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Haven't seen anything like that yet Marshall. But if it's peeling this soon and no signs of tampering then it's a prep issue and should be taken care of np.
I'd like to see a pic also.

It wasn't replaced as far as you know I take it.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:29 AM   #8
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
schleygo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post

Sister has 2010 4runner. Front bumper paint was peeling also. Dealership repainted it and gave her a loaner while it was painted. Nothing out of pocket.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #9
jaimekin is on a distinguished road
Name: jaime
jaimekin's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 05 Tacoma and the roof started to peel and chip now my whole roof is peeled and rusting Toyota refused to help me and now I think im stuck with paying for it
Old 01-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimekin View Post
I have an 05 Tacoma and the roof started to peel and chip now my whole roof is peeled and rusting Toyota refused to help me and now I think im stuck with paying for it
What color is the truck? If you're looking for a cheap solution and the peeling is just on the top roof (not starting to peel down the sides), you could always use something like spray on bed liner, or even rustoleum between the rain rails on the roof (black out the roof). You could do your own prep and painting and would be much cheaper than paying a professional. Just a cheaper option if you're looking to save some cash and stop the rust.