1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to find what was installed on truck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacomaRebel, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Aug 11, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    TacomaRebel

TacomaRebel [OP] Member

Member:
    S. Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD OffRoad
    I have a used 07 PreRunner double cab SR5 TRD Off Road package. Is there a way to find out exactly was this truck had installed from the factory with this package? I have a towing receiver, but don't know if this indicates a "towing Pack" with extras. Ex: larger radiator, trans cooler, etc.
    I know there are different versions of each package.
    Also is there any way besides Carfax and Autocheck to tell if a vehicle has been in a wreck other than looking for the obvious details on the vehicle?
    I ran Autocheck and it showed no accidents, doesn't show any on my 98 PreRunner and I know it has been in 2 accidents. So those reports are not reliable.

2. Aug 11, 2011 at 9:11 AM
    scotch

scotch Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Centennial, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma, 2015 Tacoma, 2005 4runner 4.7L
    Lots of Stuff
    a toyota parts guy can pull up a print out based on the vin

3. Aug 11, 2011 at 9:39 AM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | DiamondBack SE Tonneau Cover, Havoc HS2 Hoop Steps, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber), RAM Mt A-Pillar Mod, Audio: Pioneer AVH-X5700, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
    ^^What he said
    I bought my truck used from an individual so I took it to my local dealership to have them inspect it. The Service Manager took the VIN# and printed all the service records that had been performed at any Toyota dealership and also printed out all the option packages that were on my truck when purchased new.

As for whether it's ever been in a wreck... I have a friend that owns a body shop and I took all my prospective vehicles to him to inspect. There was one truck that I was strongly considering that he looked at and told me not to buy it because it had been wrecked. I couldn't tell. So he started taking interior panels off and then I could see what he saw from just a cursory look. Whew!

Good luck!

4. Aug 11, 2011 at 9:52 AM
    plurpimpin

plurpimpin Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    If you have an auto just pop the hood and see if you have a tranny cooler to figure out if it's the tow package.

5. Aug 11, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    cc350

cc350 Retired Member

Member:
    If it's a real TRD package then it would be a factory tow package....

Products Discussed in

To Top