Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How to find what was installed on truck

Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
TacomaRebel is on a distinguished road
TacomaRebel's Tacoma Gallery
How to find what was installed on truck

I have a used 07 PreRunner double cab SR5 TRD Off Road package. Is there a way to find out exactly was this truck had installed from the factory with this package? I have a towing receiver, but don't know if this indicates a "towing Pack" with extras. Ex: larger radiator, trans cooler, etc.
I know there are different versions of each package.
Also is there any way besides Carfax and Autocheck to tell if a vehicle has been in a wreck other than looking for the obvious details on the vehicle?
I ran Autocheck and it showed no accidents, doesn't show any on my 98 PreRunner and I know it has been in 2 accidents. So those reports are not reliable.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
scotch is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
scotch's Tacoma Gallery
a toyota parts guy can pull up a print out based on the vin
Old 08-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
Thermonuclear Protection
478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

478DblSport's Tacoma Gallery
^^What he said
I bought my truck used from an individual so I took it to my local dealership to have them inspect it. The Service Manager took the VIN# and printed all the service records that had been performed at any Toyota dealership and also printed out all the option packages that were on my truck when purchased new.

As for whether it's ever been in a wreck... I have a friend that owns a body shop and I took all my prospective vehicles to him to inspect. There was one truck that I was strongly considering that he looked at and told me not to buy it because it had been wrecked. I couldn't tell. So he started taking interior panels off and then I could see what he saw from just a cursory look. Whew!

Good luck!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Check for the tranny cooler and engine oil cooler.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
plurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
plurpimpin's Tacoma Gallery
If you have an auto just pop the hood and see if you have a tranny cooler to figure out if it's the tow package.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
If it's a real TRD package then it would be a factory tow package....