1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thoughts on set up

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wag, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Aug 11, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    wag

wag [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    11' Tacoma DC TRD 4WD Magnetic Gray
    Hello all, new here and have been reading up on others threads. I just reclaimed my man-card after selling my g35 coupe. I've always had trucks but never lifted or modified them in any way.

So I'm looking at a lift and tires/rims to start. I just bought a 2011 DC TRD 4x4 in MGM. Not really looking for alternative lift/tire/rim set up just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Here's what I'm looking at (I'll attach a link for the lift since I don't think I can insert the actual pictures from the website).

For the lift:

Description:
    http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/products/sfID1/4/sfID2/78/sfID3/83/productID/39119

A set of Fox Coilover shocks with Total Chaos Upper Control Arms & Rear Shocks.

Designed specifically for 05+ Toyota Tacoma.
    Extended travel shocks for use with aftermarket U.C.A.

Fox Front Part# 880-02-418-A
    Fox Rear Part# 980-02-372-A
    Total Chaos Part# 96504

Rims and Tires would be:
    Cooper Discoverer STT M/T 285/70/17 w/Pro Comp 7032

Is anything additional needed (like an AAL) for the lift or is it good to go as is?

From what I've read so far sounds like I should expect some rubbing which can be fixed with a little trimming. Are any of you having your computer adjusted to reflect correct miles on the odometer?

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Aug 11, 2011 at 2:48 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    How much lift is that supposed to give? If more than 1.5-2" for levelling then you'll need to do something in the rear as well, unless you like the "bro" lean look :puke:
    You will need to trim some plastic for the tires.
    I doubt many people adjust the computer, since the 1" taller tires seem to put the speedo right on the money, and you'll be logging just slightly less miles than actual.

3. Aug 11, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    at least an AAL if not just new springs

and just fyi, if you buy the shocks and uca's from DSM, being a TW member you get a discount

4. Aug 11, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    wag

wag [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    11' Tacoma DC TRD 4WD Magnetic Gray
    No "bro" lean for me! I'm going for 2.5-3 inches of lift. So I'll have check up on an AAL or a complete new spring set up. I guess I won't mess with the computer then. Thanks for the information.

Products Discussed in

To Top