Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Thoughts on set up

Old 08-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
wag is on a distinguished road
wag's Tacoma Gallery
Thoughts on set up

Hello all, new here and have been reading up on others threads. I just reclaimed my man-card after selling my g35 coupe. I've always had trucks but never lifted or modified them in any way.

So I'm looking at a lift and tires/rims to start. I just bought a 2011 DC TRD 4x4 in MGM. Not really looking for alternative lift/tire/rim set up just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Here's what I'm looking at (I'll attach a link for the lift since I don't think I can insert the actual pictures from the website).

For the lift:

Description:
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/39119

A set of Fox Coilover shocks with Total Chaos Upper Control Arms & Rear Shocks.

Designed specifically for 05+ Toyota Tacoma.
Extended travel shocks for use with aftermarket U.C.A.

Fox Front Part# 880-02-418-A
Fox Rear Part# 980-02-372-A
Total Chaos Part# 96504

Rims and Tires would be:
Cooper Discoverer STT M/T 285/70/17 w/Pro Comp 7032

Is anything additional needed (like an AAL) for the lift or is it good to go as is?

From what I've read so far sounds like I should expect some rubbing which can be fixed with a little trimming. Are any of you having your computer adjusted to reflect correct miles on the odometer?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift is that supposed to give? If more than 1.5-2" for levelling then you'll need to do something in the rear as well, unless you like the "bro" lean look
You will need to trim some plastic for the tires.
I doubt many people adjust the computer, since the 1" taller tires seem to put the speedo right on the money, and you'll be logging just slightly less miles than actual.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
wag is on a distinguished road
wag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
How much lift is that supposed to give? If more than 1.5-2" for levelling then you'll need to do something in the rear as well, unless you like the "bro" lean look
You will need to trim some plastic for the tires.
I doubt many people adjust the computer, since the 1" taller tires seem to put the speedo right on the money, and you'll be logging just slightly less miles than actual.
No "bro" lean for me! I'm going for 2.5-3 inches of lift. So I'll have check up on an AAL or a complete new spring set up. I guess I won't mess with the computer then. Thanks for the information.