Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need Help picking the right clutch

Old 08-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Telder is on a distinguished road
Telder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Telder
Need Help picking the right clutch

I have a 05 taco 4x4 TRD off road 6 speed and i had my throw out bearing make a noise for about a year now and i think it time to replace it but i thought i might as well replace the clutch while i have it out. so im asking, what the best aftermarket clutch out there for the little 4x4 i do and i sometime tow heavy loads with it to
thanks for your input
Old 08-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Telder is on a distinguished road
Telder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Telder
anybody out there
Old 08-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
hey...I can change this!
kbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kbp68's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 08-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed
Old 08-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
Freestyler is just really niceFreestyler is just really niceFreestyler is just really niceFreestyler is just really niceFreestyler is just really nice

Freestyler's Tacoma Gallery
also sub'd, I'm going to be needing a new clutch soon enough
Old 08-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
megillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
megillet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to megillet
While I haven't replaced the clutch in the Tacoma yet, in my previous two trucks I put in a Centerforce clutch, and I loved them. They hold great (spin up the engine and they grab more) and neither one wore out prematurely (one had 30K when I sold the vehicle, the other had 65K or so with a lot of heavy towing). I don't know what the design of the Tacoma is like, but if the slave cylinder is in the bellhousing (i.e. have to drop the transmission to get to it) you should replace that too while you have it apart. Bleeding them can be a pain, I recommend a vacuum bleeder (like a Mity-Vac).
Old 08-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
My throwout bearing is going out as well but I'm not planning on replacing the whole clutch...glad to hear that it lasted a year though lol. URD has some good clutch set ups for about $460 I believe. This will be the route I go once I replace my clutch. I found the TO for $79 shipped so I figured that was a much cheaper option since my clutch is still fine (I think ).
Old 08-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I ran a Centerforce Dual Friction in my Ranger. I would say it is an alright clutch. It did not liked to be slipped at all and would quickly heat up and start making noise if slipped. But with that said there was never an issue of clamping force. Hot or not it would grab and go. Too bad the slave cylinder was never up to the task of being a slave cylinder though.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
URD, and LC Engineering make clutches for our trucks.