Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Mods, 6" fabtech.. whats next? give your opinion!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Banned
sublimetaco will become famous soon enough
Name: Michael
sublimetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mods, 6" fabtech.. whats next? give your opinion!!!

okay everyone... i just got through putting the following mods on my truck.. in YOUR opinion if this was your truck. what you you do now?

6" fabtech
35" nitto trail grapplers with misfits
debadged
limo tint
grillcraft grille
5000k hid heads and fogs
led interior lights

please give your full opinion and tell me why you would do each mod

i hope to make gas mileage a BIT better, make the truck a little faster, and make the appearance better too...

THANKS EVERYONE!
Old 08-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimetaco View Post
okay everyone... i just got through putting the following mods on my truck.. in YOUR opinion if this was your truck. what you you do now?

6" fabtech - I'm not a fan of 6 inch lifts for Tacomas. They drop bracket reduces ground clearance and the lift itself have more venerable points for offroading. If you are on the street it doesn't matter but I'm still not a fan of the look. Save the 6 inch lift for a full size.
35" nitto trail grapplers with misfits - You need 6 inches to fit 35 inch tires.
debadged - Cool.
limo tint - Too dark to see anything at night. Also depending on the state cops will ticket for this.
grillcraft grille - I love mine.
5000k hid heads and fogs - Cool. Stay with 35 watt bulbs though.
led interior lights - I love mine.

please give your full opinion and tell me why you would do each mod

i hope to make gas mileage a BIT better, make the truck a little faster, and make the appearance better too...

THANKS EVERYONE!
See the red text for my opinion. Again that is my opinion on those mods.

As far as power and MPG you are going the wrong way with the 6 inch lift and 35s. Also the best way to improve MPG is to change your driving habits. There is no bolt on that will make a huge difference.

Feel free to search the site for more info on any items you listed.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
See the red text for my opinion. Again that is my opinion on those mods.

As far as power and MPG you are going the wrong way with the 6 inch lift and 35s. Also the best way to improve MPG is to change your driving habits. There is no bolt on that will make a huge difference.

Feel free to search the site for more info on any items you listed.
i think you misread my original post lol....i HAVE those mods. i love the 6" lift with 35's. and i can see PERFECT out of my limo tint too... i know some people cant or they aren't used to it. but i have limo on all of my rides and i am used to it. thanks for your opinions.

but i want suggestions on what to do NEXT... as in maybe should i get a trd intake, trd supercharger, anything else appearance wise.

i see lots of cool things on this site like the relentless bumpers... things like that that serve two purposes( looks and offroading)...

thanks again man
Old 08-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Do a retrofit, I'm sure with your HIDs and lift your a bit blinding to others, plus retrofits look badass.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
JUMP IT!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
If the rear is lifted with blocks (im assuming it is), get those out of there and get yourself some custom alcan springs.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobo670 View Post
JUMP IT!
That fabtec would fold like tin foil lol
Old 08-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
ATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud of
Army:
ATriplett513's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on the HID's. I had them in a Tundra with only a leveling kit and I got flashed or got the finger literally everytime I drove at night. Had 2 people follow me off the highway for a while too...people in Scottsdale are a**holes
Old 08-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
兔年快乐! 慢慢走!
trot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud of

trot's Tacoma Gallery
Opinion:
Consider regearing the drivetrain for that tire size.

I'm not a fan of tall lifts myself.

If you plan to use the vehicle off road adventures, rails, armor, recovery gear are a priority.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
Banned
i dont plan any crazy offroading(yet or in the near future) but who knows. i just drive it to work and have fun with it. normal mudding, nothing like rock climbing or anything.

a re gear would be great. any idea on what the total on a re gear is?

i see people talk negative about fabtech, i use to hear good things..? someone explain please.

retrofit would be nice to do. maybe ill buy some used ones and do a bhlm and retrofit at the same time.

anything else appearance wise to make the truck look better?

also where do i get the MEAN looking eyelids? all i can find is the less aggressive looking ones... thanks again everyone for the help, i am new to tacomas and trucks and i am trying to learn
Old 08-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #11
braaap

Quote:
i dont plan any crazy offroading(yet or in the near future) but who knows. i just drive it to work and have fun with it. normal mudding, nothing like rock climbing or anything.

a re gear would be great. any idea on what the total on a re gear is?

i see people talk negative about fabtech, i use to hear good things..? someone explain please.

retrofit would be nice to do. maybe ill buy some used ones and do a bhlm and retrofit at the same time.

anything else appearance wise to make the truck look better?
fabtec has the best drop bracket lift IMO, but drop bracket lifts are bad for offroading in general. For your described use, it is fine though.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
i think you misread my original post lol
Ohhhhhhhh. Well just put the names of everything you want into a hat and buy the first one that comes up.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #13
trdkrupp is on a distinguished road

Army: CBRN Technician, 2-44 ADA
Name: Nate
trdkrupp's Tacoma Gallery
How about a pic or two for us to see the truck?
Old 08-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #14
兔年快乐! 慢慢走!
trot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud of

trot's Tacoma Gallery
around 35-36" is where I think the stock gears should come out in favor of taller gears ( i would have said 33-34 but several are right around there on stock gears and I don't see many complaints)

regearing isn't cheap, but it will help your performance and mileage (in most cases) if the new ratio is selected with some research (lots of threads and gear calculators to read up on)

if you're going for looks alone, do what makes ya happy as long as it's safe
Old 08-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #15
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
If the rear is lifted with blocks (im assuming it is), get those out of there and get yourself some custom alcan springs.
i was planning to do this but its too much math for me. they want all the specs of the leaf packs n stuff but i guess im retarded n dont know any better. id just take it to a local custom spring shop n have them size n fab one set up.

Quote:
That fabtec would fold like tin foil lol
Quote:
fabtec has the best drop bracket lift IMO, but drop bracket lifts are bad for offroading in general. For your described use, it is fine though.
fab tech is pretty good. even though i roll procomp, ive seen FT in action. they can hold their own. it makes OR easier with the dirtlogic coilovers IMO. ive jumped mine a few times, nothing wrong (yet). idk where/how the FB-PC rivalry began but to each his own i say.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #16

with a 6"lift n 35's - u just sharded ur gas milage out the airplane window