Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

possible to swap bench for Smittybilt bucket seats???

Old 08-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
808ALLDAY
MokuNui808 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jordan
MokuNui808's Tacoma Gallery
possible to swap bench for Smittybilt bucket seats???

so first off, i HATE my bench seat with a passion.

i know smittybilt is a Jeep brand. but i found some smittybilt bucket seats online, brand new, for $50.00!! free shipping! im thinking i could somehow fab some brackets and/or mod the seats to fit in my 2008 2wd base model taco??

i know its a longshot to ask. but i know TW has some of the most knowledgeable people out there! haha. thanks guys!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
With time and money you can do anything.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
808ALLDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
With time and money you can do anything.
hahaha. unfortunately, money is limited...which is why i dont wanna pass up this deal! hahaha. youre totally right tho WS! just figured i'd get confirmation, i guess.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
First off, is this a vendor selling the seats? If it's a craigslist ad, it sounds like a scam.
Second, it's a pain getting seats out of something else to work. I've done it twice now in my old chevy.

My advise would be wait and find some buckets out of a second gen in a junkyard. The Yota Yard in Denver would be a good bet. I've never dealt with them but I have a friend there who deals with them a lot and likes 'em.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
808ALLDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
First off, is this a vendor selling the seats? If it's a craigslist ad, it sounds like a scam.
Second, it's a pain getting seats out of something else to work. I've done it twice now in my old chevy.

My advise would be wait and find some buckets out of a second gen in a junkyard. The Yota Yard in Denver would be a good bet. I've never dealt with them but I have a friend there who deals with them a lot and likes 'em.
yeah, i have an amazon.com profile and its some kind of special offer. and i order alot thru amazon so i trust them. but yeah, somebody mentioned the junkyards a couple weeks ago. totally forgot about that. thanks man!! i'll keep that in mind.