Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed Rail Ammo Can

Old 08-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Nick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Comm
Nick701's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Rail Ammo Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry
How did you mount the ammo can?
I am looking for a way to dump ammo and spent brass quickly while out at the range and your post grabbed my attention
Thanks
Tackleberry
This got me to create the following how to:

Get an ammo can of desired size, i got a large one cause i liked the size, but any size will do
NOTE: Short cans will sit level mounted on the side, tall cans sit crooked cause of the uneven sides. Tall cans sit great along the cab rail.

Mmmmm M224 Mortar

Monster sticker extra (dont think i like it)

Drill two... level holes... and there are two mounting options

Factory square head bolts and spin on "nuts"

OR

Make your own, I made these tonight just so i could show you guys/gals

Its not that hard, took me about 15min, and I had all the hardware...

Both mounting options fit the same in the truck

Have Fun! Hope it works out for people.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
That is really neat. Where did you buy your ammo can?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
Nick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to behold

Nick701's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
from a local guy down the street. You could prob try cheaperthandirt.com or just Google army surplus, good luck
Old 08-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Nice bro can
Old 08-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Nice bro can
Old 08-12-2011, 05:42 AM   #8
plurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
plurpimpin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
There's usually tons of them for sale for cheap (like $5) at gun shows.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:02 AM   #9

Nick701's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah check gun shows good idea, I pretty sure a short can would mount above the fender well or even rest on it. Gonna have to try that.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #10
AKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to behold

Name: RETODD
AKTACO420's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a little bit bigger one a year ago and mounted it in the same spot I love it for storing my tow straps and shackles
Old 08-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Here are two I have mounted. Oh and if you guys need ammo cans, I can get any type and size.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I've got some ammo cans too, not mounted to the bed rails though

Old 08-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I decided to clean this up a little this afternoon. It's pretty obvious what this is for. I have had to apply two tourniquets to injured motorcycle riders this past year so putting this on the outside should help for those "just in case" moments.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #14
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't you have your truck for sale a while back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
I decided to clean this up a little this afternoon. It's pretty obvious what this is for. I have had to apply two tourniquets to injured motorcycle riders this past year so putting this on the outside should help for those "just in case" moments.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #15
textoy is on a distinguished road
Name: Fred
textoy's Tacoma Gallery
motorcycle riders should be required to be organ donors...if there are any organs intact to be used.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #16
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
Didn't you have your truck for sale a while back?
Yea I did. I use it wayy too much to sell it. It's nice having it paid off too. Big plans next year for it.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #17
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by textoy View Post
motorcycle riders should be required to be organ donors...if there are any organs intact to be used.
Wtf is up with that? Painting with a broad brush, huh?

Btw, nice little mod with the can!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #18

Nick701's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post

nice, im glad there are ppl like you around, thanks for looking out
Old 08-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #19
FMLYHM
BMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
BMiller421's Tacoma Gallery
Brilliant!! I'm going to add a few to my bed..

Great utilization of the bed rails..
Old 08-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #20
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by textoy View Post
Really? WTF guy, what crawled up you a&^?

I like the first aid ammo can, very cool.