Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Magnaflow Catback exhaust installed

Old 08-12-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
evilx is on a distinguished road

Name: Daniel
evilx's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow Catback exhaust installed

Got my Magnaflow catback exhaust in yesterday, and 40 minutes later it was installed. Much quicker than the Flowmaster I had on my previous Taco!

Crappy phone pics, but it was about to rain and the dSLR was upstairs. So far the sound is throaty, but maybe a little droney. Hopefully the muffler will pack out a bit over the next couple weeks. Trip to the mountains this weekend so I'll get to run it good and hard on the passes
Old 08-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice, I have always preferred the Magnaflow sound over Flowmaster. I'm assuming the whole system is bolt in?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #3

evilx's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, completely bolt on. It is literally the two OE bolts to the cat, two clamps, and 4 rubber hangers. From opening the box to test driving it took less than an hour.

As a side note, the build quality of this feels much better than the Flowmaster. Every weld was great, the pipes and muffler were shiney and the tip was welded on instead of the cheapy bolt-on (which I had to use a cut-up Coke can to keep from wobbling on my FM).

Drove her into work today and I'm liking the sound. A little louder than the FM, but nice!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Cuda444 is on a distinguished road
Cuda444's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!

Forgive me if it's out of line to ask... But where did you get it and how much did it set you back? I had a magnaflow on my last truck, loved it, and got nothing but compliments on how great it sounded.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #5

evilx's Tacoma Gallery
I got it from a place called Discount Performance Exhaust and paid right around $350 shipped.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Have the same exhaust on one of my trucks and love it. Very nice sound/drone (in a good way)...can hear/feel my truck comming from down the block
Old 08-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #7
Cuda444 is on a distinguished road
Cuda444's Tacoma Gallery
Got a link? A quick search and I could find anything online by that name. And my guess is you bought Magnaflow Part # 16625?

Thanks for the help
Old 08-14-2011, 06:20 AM   #8

evilx's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, Magnaflow Part # 16625 is the right part.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #9
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
See heres what I don't get, I literally had a massive head & ear ringing drone when i had my magna flow, i switched to flowmaster to avoid it
Old 08-14-2011, 06:35 AM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
See heres what I don't get, I literally had a massive head & ear ringing drone when i had my magna flow, i switched to flowmaster to avoid it
Me too it was horrible. Believe it or not, when I dumped the exhaust just after the axle, it changed the resonance frequency and the drone was gone...
Old 08-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #11
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

noooo, lol i tried that first, mine reverbed through the truck box and was literally unbearable to drive! I had to change it out that afternoon. And I listen to metal music cranked, i'm talking literally ear piercing drone loud
Old 08-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
noooo, lol i tried that first, mine reverbed through the truck box and was literally unbearable to drive! I had to change it out that afternoon. And I listen to metal music cranked, i'm talking literally ear piercing drone loud
Hmm interesting.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:32 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Hmm interesting.
yup, so then I had it extended to the passenger rear, like normal. and its was still bad enough I had to get it changed. But I did just think of a possible cause, the Xr's are 1.5" lowered to the ground versus stock, and the prerunners have i think a 2" lift over stock? thats a big difference if we're takling reverb to the ground and the box
Old 08-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #14
tonyl13 is on a distinguished road
Name: tony
tonyl13's Tacoma Gallery
evilx Daniel

Where did you find this for $350 or was that some time back?

Thanks tony l
Old 08-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #15
azgunrunner will become famous soon enoughazgunrunner will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Former LEO
Name: George
azgunrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I can't find the price either, only magnaflow system they have is like 575. I se a Gibson system for around 350. Any experience with Gibson systems?
Old 08-15-2011, 05:23 AM   #16

evilx's Tacoma Gallery
http://discountperformanceexhaust.co...5-p-19785.html

Still $323.52 + UPS ground shipping. I got the exhaust 3 days after I ordered it.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #17
Fodder4U is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
Fodder4U's Tacoma Gallery
WTH why are the Access cabs all pre-rear tire turn downs on their systems? That wont pass inspection in a lot of places. It is cheap though $288 shipped but I want one with the stock exit behind the rear tire and out the side.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodder4U View Post
WTH why are the Access cabs all pre-rear tire turn downs on their systems? That wont pass inspection in a lot of places. It is cheap though $288 shipped but I want one with the stock exit behind the rear tire and out the side.
See OP's pics? It does exit behind the wheel.. and where do you see that price?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #19
Fodder4U is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
Fodder4U's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
See OP's pics? It does exit behind the wheel.. and where do you see that price?
OP is not running an Access Cab. Per Magnaflow site it is a different part for 2011 AC v6 models and it is only offered with pre-rear tire turndown.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #20
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodder4U View Post
OP is not running an Access Cab. Per Magnaflow site it is a different part for 2011 AC v6 models and it is only offered with pre-rear tire turndown.
Thats odd, the double cab short bed and access cab are the same frame and everything exhaust wise should be exactly the same as well. I bet its a mistake on their site.