Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota installing URD Throw-Out bearing repair kit under warranty...what clutch kit??

Old 08-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
P. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to behold

P. Bauer's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota installing URD Throw-Out bearing repair kit under warranty...what clutch kit??

dropped my squeaking 08 Tacoma off at the dealership today. The Service Writer didn't even ask me why I was there. I asked about the URD TO Bearing Kit, he said they have done -4- already. I am at 59,555 miles, it will be isntalled/covered under the Powertrain Warranty.

If I provide a clutch kit, they will install that as well. I see URD has Stage II, III, IV.

I have a TRD S/C, TRD CAI, and Magnaflow muffler (turn-down). I haul a dual-axle trailer with a Mazda RX7 race car about once a month. Drive it likes it's stolen the rest of the time, trails, winter driving, etc.

What URD kit do people recommend? Thank you for your help!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
TACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to all

TACK's Tacoma Gallery
They will install the URD TO bearing kit and a clutch kit under powertrain warranty????
Old 08-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
P. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to behold

Service Manager said they would install these parts...

since I have the dreaded squeak / chirp from the throwout bearing, clutch.

I will definitely take them up on that offer!

Just curious what clutch would be right choice? Stg III or Stg IV from URD. I'm leaning towards the Stg. III, would like stock feel, with more clamping power.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #6

URD Stage III clutch kit.

it rocks!

http://www.urdusa.com/More-Products-...duct_info.html

Regards,

PB
Old 09-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
New to these parts...
GetBarelled is on a distinguished road

Name: Ry
GetBarelled's Tacoma Gallery
bump

Hey OP,

I am really interested in trying out the URD TSK for my throwout bearing woes. Gonna go with a Stage II also. Was wondering if you could offer a little insight as to how this sleeve kit is holding up? Have you noticed any new noises or vibes? I think its about three months since your install... Any info, greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 09-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #8

URD TO bearing kit and stg III clutch...

holding up just fine. No issues, squeaks to report. Overall, very happy with this setup.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
taco4by4 is on a distinguished road
taco4by4's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an older thread. Looks like it's been a few more months since your upgrade. Wondering if you've had any issues with the URD/PDM Throw Out Bearing Kit?

I have a 2007 4x4 6spd with 105k miles, and it's just now starting to squeak a little bit. Dealer estimated $1400 to repair it with stock parts.

I was looking online and found some other drivers with issues with the PDM kit, not sure of course if they installed the right part or if done properly. Thanks for any feedback on your truck's progress.