1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OPINIONS ON PAINTED SKULL EMBLEM

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Sniper#830, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Aug 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM
    Sniper#830

Sniper#830 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Paso Robles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma / 4x4 / Off Road
    I picked this up the other day off ebay for like twenty bucks. It is too small, plastic, and was supposed to be put on a Toyota of the "fast and furious" type. I sanded it down, painted it with a few coats, and then mounted it on the truck to see how it looked. It came with a sticky adhesive on the back that I doubt will withstand the elements offroad. I kinda' like the skull in the shape of a "T" and think it looks clean. What bothers me is being able to see the gaps behind it. Standing about 15' from the truck you cannot see them.

So I put it up here so the fabrication folks can look at it. If it were bigger and say aluminum or whatever type of metal you use, it would be cool. But, that is just my opinion. What do you all think??? It comes from www.MicroImage.com.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Aug 14, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    tencrawler

tencrawler I'm a lover not an expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Petaluma
    Vehicle:
    1985 Pickup 4x4 SCLB 22R 5SPD Manual
    Only 55K Original Miles in Spring of 2018
    If you didn't want to fab up a new one, I would just get a small piece of brushed aluminum to sit behind it and then that black is for sure to stand out. Just cut out a small oval, tig a few chunks of all thread to it, attach that to the grill, and they just pop your skull on there however you choose (glue, auto body two sided tape, etc). Best of luck.

3. Aug 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    I used carbon fiber in back of mine.
    [​IMG]

4. Aug 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    Fill it in with bondo, then sand it down and paint it.

5. Jan 18, 2012 at 8:16 AM
    509TACO

509TACO Member

Member:
    Had the same idea, I just put it on the tailgate instead. I like it in the grill though, maybe need to buy another one.

photo(2).jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top