Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OPINIONS ON PAINTED SKULL EMBLEM

Old 08-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
Sniper#830 is a jewel in the roughSniper#830 is a jewel in the roughSniper#830 is a jewel in the roughSniper#830 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: 3/1 Lima Co Wpns Plt 93-97  Somalia Vet.
Sniper#830's Tacoma Gallery
OPINIONS ON PAINTED SKULL EMBLEM

I picked this up the other day off ebay for like twenty bucks. It is too small, plastic, and was supposed to be put on a Toyota of the "fast and furious" type. I sanded it down, painted it with a few coats, and then mounted it on the truck to see how it looked. It came with a sticky adhesive on the back that I doubt will withstand the elements offroad. I kinda' like the skull in the shape of a "T" and think it looks clean. What bothers me is being able to see the gaps behind it. Standing about 15' from the truck you cannot see them.

So I put it up here so the fabrication folks can look at it. If it were bigger and say aluminum or whatever type of metal you use, it would be cool. But, that is just my opinion. What do you all think??? It comes from www.MicroImage.com.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
If you didn't want to fab up a new one, I would just get a small piece of brushed aluminum to sit behind it and then that black is for sure to stand out. Just cut out a small oval, tig a few chunks of all thread to it, attach that to the grill, and they just pop your skull on there however you choose (glue, auto body two sided tape, etc). Best of luck.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Fill it in with bondo, then sand it down and paint it.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
509TACO is on a distinguished road
509TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Had the same idea, I just put it on the tailgate instead. I like it in the grill though, maybe need to buy another one.
Attached Thumbnails
OPINIONS ON PAINTED SKULL EMBLEM-photo-2-.jpg