Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Stock Off Road Wheel Weight

Old 08-15-2011, 05:27 AM   #1
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Stock Off Road Wheel Weight

I wanted to post this information mostly for search purposes b/c the only other weight posted (that I found) on the site did not come even close to what I had. So dont mind the extra wording here. I'm trying to cover everything someone would use to search for the info.
So the stock tacoma 4x4 oem off road OR wheel rim weighs 22.2-22.4 pounds. It fluctuated between these two numbers on my scale. Pic for proof

Old 08-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
SATXguy is on a distinguished road

SATXguy's Tacoma Gallery
Good Info! Thanks, because I lost about 2 mpg when I changed tires from the stock BFG rugged trail to the BFG AT because of the additional weight (200lbs). So when I upgrade rims I can compare the differences.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
good info. i will also use when i get new wheels and tires.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATXguy View Post
Good Info! Thanks, because I lost about 2 mpg when I changed tires from the stock BFG rugged trail to the BFG AT because of the additional weight (200lbs). So when I upgrade rims I can compare the differences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
good info. i will also use when i get new wheels and tires.
Glad it helps!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
Finally! i've been looking for this!

seeing as how our wheels are already pretty light. anybody found anything lighter besides those konig countersteers?
Old 08-25-2011, 05:15 AM   #6

Law Enforcement:
Old 08-25-2011, 05:17 AM   #7
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know how much 1st gen trd wheels weigh?
Old 08-25-2011, 05:19 AM   #8

Law Enforcement:
Whiskey; The MT classic IIs were fluctuating between 19.4 and 19.6 w/o center caps (which were probably only a few more ounces).
Old 08-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
Whiskey; The MT classic IIs were fluctuating between 19.4 and 19.6 w/o center caps (which were probably only a few more ounces).
sweet, I was actually looking at getting those. Those MT were listed at like 24 pounds our something

EDIT: Any issues with the MT fitment? truck looks awesome with them btw
Old 08-26-2011, 06:07 AM   #10

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyDeltaTango View Post
sweet, I was actually looking at getting those. Those MT were listed at like 24 pounds our something

EDIT: Any issues with the MT fitment? truck looks awesome with them btw

THanks man. No fitment issues at all. They're perfect. The only thing was an issue was w/ the wheel weights when applied to the inner section of the barrel for balancing. They were hitting the caliper, so the shop had to use the hammer on weights on the inside to avoid that. Stick on weights on the outside portion were fine though.
And the only thing I can think of w/ the published weight vs what I weighed them, is the rim size they used for advertising. If they used a different width/specs than what I have, that may have made up the difference.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #11
Phenom3030 is on a distinguished road

Army: EOD
Name: Jon
Phenom3030's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting, very helpful piece of info!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #12

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom3030 View Post
Thanks for posting, very helpful piece of info!
No prob! Can never have too much information!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
mytaco77 is just really nicemytaco77 is just really nicemytaco77 is just really nicemytaco77 is just really nicemytaco77 is just really nice

mytaco77's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking for this info as well. Thanks. I read on a different post that they were 25lbs. They must of rounded up. I'm definitely looking for something lighter than my OEM rims.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #14

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytaco77 View Post
I was looking for this info as well. Thanks. I read on a different post that they were 25lbs. They must of rounded up. I'm definitely looking for something lighter than my OEM rims.