Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Stock Tacoma REAR shock length, eyelet to top mount

Old 08-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
Stock Tacoma REAR shock length, eyelet to top mount

I can not seem to find this anywhere. I would like to know how long on average your rear shocks are extended while the truck is on flat ground.

Right now my truck, no TSB spring with a 2" toytec AAL is exactly 22". The distance from hub center to fender bottom is 24.75".

I just ordered some Fox FJ rear shocks from DSM and want to make sure I didn't get anything that's too short, as currently I top out very easy with stock TRD shocks.

They suggested I go with the longer Bilsteins and I agree, but they are backorded by 6 weeks. I have read about the FJ fox swap and asked the guys about it on the phone, sounded like a good solution. But looking at the sizes online of the FJ shocks, I'm thinking they might also be too short? Unless they have an extended FJ shock, I don't have the part number because I order over the phone. Hope I get the confirmation email tomorrow so i can compare, but until then any info would be greatly appreciate. Or a link to some!

Thanks guys