1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Have a few questions, new to tacoma!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by islander83, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Aug 16, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    islander83

islander83 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 taco prerunner doublecab
    2" leveling kit, 265/75r16 BFG a/t
    First of all, great site. I recently bought my first Toyota, an 08 Tacoma double cab prerunner v6, and so far I love it. I just have a couple questions. First of all the truck has no cruise control. It has power windows, mirrors and tilt, but no cruise control. Being new to Toyota this came as a surprise, as most american vehicles, what i'm used to, have cruise with these options. I called the local Toyota dealership and they said $265 installed. I've seen on here that some of y'all have done it yourself. I guess my question is what is a good kit to DIY, or should I just take it in to Toyota? Second of all I added a 2" leveling kit and some 265/75r16 BFG A/T KO tires and my truck seems like it burns more fuel than I expected. I don't really have any previous numbers because I only had the truck for a week before I added the kit and tires. I live in south Texas so it's pretty flat ground with a few overpasses. Does any one run a simular set up that might have some input? I did remove the carbon filter, before I read up on it here and realized I should have just left it on! Sorry for rambling, and sorry if these are "dumb" questions. I am new to forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top