Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New rear tire carrier design

Old 08-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
New rear tire carrier design

So I was leaving work today and I came across a jeep with a cool rear tire carrier. I plan on getting a armored rear bumper here soon, most likely a CBI with rear tire carrier and I really liked this design.

Check out the way the gas tanks are protected and held in place by the tire. I like that better than the CBI design of up high to one side. I would rather move the hi-lift jack lower but all in all I like this design. What are your guys opinions? (sorry for the shitty quality, my company phone is beat to hell and we were both driving about 45 down the street).

When its getting close to the time to order I am going to talk with the guys at CBI about doing something like this. Anyone know of any other rear carriers that look like this (yes I have gone through the armored bumper page)?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
Old post/NEcro but that appears to be an OR Fab rear Jeep bumper. I too would like something like this for a Taco. I know some fab shops are starting to do this type of thing. Hopefully someone tries it. Would definitely differentiate themselves from the CBI rear.