1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New rear tire carrier design

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by extremachn1, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Aug 17, 2011 at 9:39 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 [OP] I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    So I was leaving work today and I came across a jeep with a cool rear tire carrier. I plan on getting a armored rear bumper here soon, most likely a CBI with rear tire carrier and I really liked this design.

Check out the way the gas tanks are protected and held in place by the tire. I like that better than the CBI design of up high to one side. I would rather move the hi-lift jack lower but all in all I like this design. What are your guys opinions? (sorry for the shitty quality, my company phone is beat to hell and we were both driving about 45 down the street).

jeeptirecarrier2_0ce9fbf983c5877c357b6b59a9fceb814c091d1f.jpg
    jeeptirecarrier1_192e272f913cc042de652254b920f3e60cea1bef.jpg

When its getting close to the time to order I am going to talk with the guys at CBI about doing something like this. Anyone know of any other rear carriers that look like this (yes I have gone through the armored bumper page)?

2. Jan 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ West Valley
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Taco
    OME Lift, Stubbs Sliders, Truxedo cover, Pioneer Avic deck, speakers/amp etc., Black badges.
    Old post/NEcro but that appears to be an OR Fab rear Jeep bumper. I too would like something like this for a Taco. I know some fab shops are starting to do this type of thing. Hopefully someone tries it. Would definitely differentiate themselves from the CBI rear.

Products Discussed in

To Top